PDA

View Full Version : Shock! Case For Ds Lite

wraggster
October 21st, 2007, 20:01
New from Mr Modchips (http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?ref=20&products_id=538&affiliate_banner_id=1)(UK)

http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/images/nds_ghost_blue.jpg

The saying goes, if everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking each other and the same goes for the Nintendo DS Lite. It's time to Shock! your DS Lite and give it a unique and vibrant look wherever you go via Xtreme Enterprises range of SHOCK! DS Lite replacement cases. Manufactured with the highest quality in mind, SHOCK! are a range of stellar replacement cases for DS Lite suitable for a fantastically aesthetically pleasing makeover of Nintendo's handheld or as a replacement to damaged or defective original casing. Every SHOCK! case is created with rigorously durable ABS material which will ultimately preserve the shockingly wonderful appearance for the entirety of the handheld.

SHOCK! cases included everything required for a complete overhaul of your DS Lite. As standard the following is included in every professionally boxed case:

- Top and bottom casing, complete with battery compartment
- All buttons (both triggers, left control pad, right buttons, start/select and power/volume)
- GBA front cover
- Screwpads

kcajblue
October 21st, 2007, 21:02
ive heard the shock ones arent all that great.

CrossZX
October 22nd, 2007, 02:27
The SHOCK cases are complete rubbish. The quality of the plastic is so bad that it is nearly impossible to put the screws in properly. The L & R buttons were also faulty. After many long hours of trying to minimize the damage we finally managed to put it together just to find out that the ds wouldn't work anymore. So in the end i ended up paying 30euro for the case plus another 150 for a new ds. So do yourself a favor and buy yourself some decals for you ds instead of this piece of crap.

onesandzeros
October 22nd, 2007, 04:44
Are there any brands of cases you guys can recommend? Eventually, mine will have to be replaced. I'd be fine to replace it with a standard color or one of these custom ones. I'd just be concerned that the quality be the same as the original or better.

Thanks!

edit: as I look around the net, I'm not finding *any* other companies. There must be some... what I need is a case made of metal, particularly for hinge integrity, heheh.

CrossZX
October 22nd, 2007, 11:54
www.divineo.cn offers the official cases. They cost around the same as the SHOCK ones but and are defiantly better quality. Just make sure you get someone who is good at this kind of stuff to replace the case for you as it isn't easy.

XioN980
October 22nd, 2007, 13:26
stock ones are a little more expensive in most places, the shock ones are absolutely fine as long as your not stupid with them, its unfortunate that some of the hinges break, thats just tough luck, also just go with the ghosts, there cheaper