PDA

View Full Version : BIG problem...

ashley_90
July 12th, 2005, 22:03
Right, I have two problems actually:

1. I was trying to get some Genisis game onto my PSP, but it all went terribly wrong I decided to stuff it. But for some reason the eBoot file wont delete, everytime I try to delete it, it just comes back again. :confused:

2. Now, this is really bothering me. I have been trying to install that new Genisis emulator (the one with sound I think) and I am doing everything it says you have to do. But when I click on the Genisis emulator icon on the PSP it says something and has a long number starting with '8000' (I cant remember the exact number). To make things easier, this is exactly what I do:

- Create a folder called 'Genisis-psp'

- Extract the Eboot and fnt file to the 'Genisis-psp' folder

- Download a Genisis rom (Sonic The Hedgehog 3)

- Extract that to the 'Genisis-psp' folder

- Try loading it onto my PSP

(BTw, I have a PSP 1.50 if that helps...)

So, can anyone tell me what might be the problem? I really would like some help. If I am doing something wrong can somebody explain clearly what I should do as im not exactly an expert at this.

Thanks! :D

kash
July 12th, 2005, 22:10
download a program called SeiPSP Tool, you need it for 1.5 psps

once u have that you just select the eboot with that program and it exports it your psp drive and creates all the folders necessary for you to run the emulator

ashley_90
July 12th, 2005, 22:14
Oh right, I think I already have something like that, Kxploit? I'll try using that...

ashley_90
July 12th, 2005, 22:25
Errm...I used that KXploit thing and I was able to choose the game on my PSP...but now it is saying (On my PSP) "Developed for use only with NTSC Genesis Systems".

?

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 23:11
alright, u gotta set the regional options from "AUTO" to US or wherever it is
oh, and i'd recommend the seipsp tool, cause u can actually keep the original icon instead of having it switch to a kxploit icon(ie, a Icon with a picture of Genesis)

ashley_90
July 13th, 2005, 08:15
Okay, thanks guys. I've managed to get it working now...but there is one problem: I dont know how to change the settings (eg. Framerate). I've tried pressing the analogue to the side and pressing theshoulder buttons but it isn't doing anything and the game is running pretty slow...

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 10:01
i dont really use the genesis emulator very much, but things should be pretty smooth as long as you're running at 333mhz, which can be toggled between 222/333 with the X button. as long as as its running on 333mhz, generally, at least from what i've seen it works fine. im running a pretty old version, so mayeb there's some other way to turn on frameskip, etc option