PDA

View Full Version : DS: (First) English M3DS real pics

scorpei
October 21st, 2007, 21:37
Hey all,

http://www.scorpei.com/pictures_M3DS_real/box_front(small).jpg (http://www.scorpei.com/M3DS_real.html)

My sample arrived a few days ago (while I was out, thankfully someone was at home to accept the package for me) so I've started to play around with the unit. First let me say that the device is indeed spring loaded (to the horror of some, but personally I like springloading). Second, as writing a proper review takes some time I figured what they hey, let me upload some pictures that I've made so you can all see the M3DS real in and out of it's packaging. Lets also take a gander at the RAM and rumble expansion packs and see what they are made of (as you can see in the images they closely match the colour of my black DS lite even the glossy finish is done quite well). Anyway, click on the linky to see the images :):

Linky (http://www.scorpei.com/M3DS_real.html)

Cheers,
Scorpei

p.s. If you want any more images let me know (via my news blog (http://blog.scorpei.com/) or mail TBGTDSHB @ scorpei [dot] com) ;).

The Master
October 22nd, 2007, 00:54
Hasnt the M3DS been out for..months? If not a year? Ive certainly had my R4 for a few months...

zauberer
October 22nd, 2007, 01:13
Yes, but this one is another product called "M3DS Real" maybe the topic's name is confusing.

I was searching the web, but haven't find a place to buy the pack of the threee things (Slot-1, rumble, GBA/RAM), could you provide a source?

Also: your review is good, nice shots. I've read the other too, good job on them.

Eyedunno
October 22nd, 2007, 16:08
All these RAM expansions that are coming out are AWESOME for homebrew. The GBA support is not a bad bonus either. Not two months after buying a 3-in-1, I got the Ewin Expansion Pak, since it has double the RAM, better GBA compatibility, and true flush fit (and because I don't much care for the NOR flash or rumble "feature"). What I wasn't counting on was this bonus: the Ewin Pak supports the original DS Browser card! It requires a card swap and a quick manual power cycle, but it works, unlike the 3-in-1.

Hopefully the M3 expansion is as awesome (and also natively compatible with most external-RAM-supporting homebrew, as the Ewin so far seems to be). It's truly a golden time for DS homebrew/emulation, folks.

wiggy fuzz
October 22nd, 2007, 19:29
will the firmware for this be able to work with existing m3 simplys? i thought this thing would have built-in memory

simonjhall
October 22nd, 2007, 23:50
Ah nuts, another RAM card to support! However it does look similar to the innards of the EZ 3-in-1's RAM expansion card.
New RAM expansion version of Quake coming out in about a week :) </plug>

kcajblue
October 23rd, 2007, 01:20
again, another nice review.
but i havent been following the M3 stuff recently.
whats the difference between this and the simply?

wiggy fuzz
October 23rd, 2007, 10:26
[totally naive mode = on]

the name

[totally naive mode = off]

the circuit board looks the same as the simply to me, so i reckon either this has slightly different hardware (SDHC card compatibility) and new firmware. also the case looks sturdier

simonjhall
October 23rd, 2007, 10:33
It's got the RAM and rumble thing in slot-2? The regular M3 Simply doesn't have one.

kcajblue
October 24th, 2007, 01:35
so the main difference is it has a RAM and rumble slot 2 thing?

Joel92
October 25th, 2007, 00:19
this looks really nice, but i think ill just stick withmy good ol' M3 SD Slim. Had it for 2 years and hasn't ever let me down. Full game support, memory expansion is a lot cheaper than sd micros, and no need for anything else added to it! (plus the built in 32 mb or ram is quite nifty.) Its all i think ill ever need.

scorpei
October 27th, 2007, 08:49
The main difference with the simply is that this product is made by the M3 team. Because of this is uses the touchpod OS that the G6DS real also uses instead of the menu system that the M3DS simply and R4DS came with.