PDA

View Full Version : Blue screen stuck,require nand dump please

sparxx57
October 22nd, 2007, 06:41
Hi,i have tried to unbrick my psp with pandora,all went well until the reboot/restart all i get is corrupt press o to repair/restart,this does not help at all,i think my nand is shot and yes i did not make a backup so im up the creek without a paddle,if any one can help with perhaps any info or a download of o nand image and instructions i would be most gratefull,i know the risks with replacing unknown nand images but i think that is all i have got left to try,my psp is a uk version 1004,thanks in advance for any help and advice.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 26th, 2007, 22:04
theyre out there on torrent sites i think. i remember hearing somewhere about a problem involving pressing O on the blue screen and it not helping, resulting in a peminant brick. im not sure on that though.

hodgy47
October 26th, 2007, 23:26
i take it that by needing a nand dump you have downed from 3.71, and unfortunately as far as im aware you cant use a nand dump from any other psp but your own due to the new way flash is written in 3.71 which makes it console specific but as you said your stuck anyway so what harm can it do, If you pressed O on the bsod you may have gone too far to recover now anyway, Sorry for giving bad news but just being honest.

P.S. Just out of curiosity did you try to flash something to flash such as topmenu or pluging_fg.rco cos its this what causes the corruption in the first place not the actual downgrade process, if you do try to recover you will have to use despetar cementrio v3 from dark alex's web site www.dark-alex.org

Sonicboy 101
October 26th, 2007, 23:28
I didn't know you could just take a nand dump? I thought you needed one you already made.

hodgy47
October 27th, 2007, 00:18
I didn't know you could just take a nand dump? I thought you needed one you already made.

You do need one you created yourself but hes pretty much screwed anyway so even if it gives a glimmer of hope what harm can it do.

sparxx57
October 27th, 2007, 00:44
Hi,thanks for the help,i got bsod by doing a normal pandora downgrade,all sorted now,i used a nand and flashed it then used a pandora to downgrade,then upgraded to 352 then flashed to 371-2 saved console from the dump,it wasnt as easy as it sounds cos i had to flash 3 times until it worked,now all i need is a new laser lol.

cal360
October 27th, 2007, 00:53
It is possible to use a dump from another PSP, but it can cause the PSP to have many problems that may cause a lot of issues and the dump may not work at all.

soadfreak2005
June 24th, 2008, 07:35
I doubt it