PDA

View Full Version : Can I record on my PSP?

Herbster
July 13th, 2005, 13:07
The only reason I still take my mp3 player with me when I am out with my PSP is because I cannot record. I am a song writer and need to record ideas as and when I have them.

Does anyone know of any PSP app that would record using the built in mic?

Greensprout
July 13th, 2005, 15:23
Does anyone know of any PSP app that would record using the built in mic?

:eek: I didn't even know the PSP had a built in Mic?

Herbster
July 13th, 2005, 16:04
Sorry, built in mic port.

®eddragon
July 13th, 2005, 20:04
thats kinda...sorry, but stupid. If you got your way in doing this. You will fill up your Mem sitck with useless sound after the sound you want. You might even get one or two things recorded. (because of compression)

Get something else. The PSP is not meant for recording. Hance the no mic out side thingy.

Check up some great prices at BestBuy. Link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat07026&type=category&_DARGS=/site/en_US/catalog/fragments/product/olslinelistingsortfilter.jsp)

jordon-1.52psp
July 14th, 2005, 02:16
sorry man but the built in mike is on a nintendo ds

Herbster
July 14th, 2005, 10:57
OK , how about this.

I believe that Sony are working on a "Talkman" translator/game that will work with a cell phone style mic headset.

My Tuny mp3 player is 1 gig and direct encodes mp3 with a built in mic. This gives me more than enough space for recording my ideas.

I can get a 1 gig duo card for my PSP. So if I had an app on my PSP that direct encodes mp3 from the "Talkman" mic, I would have my wish.

®eddragon
July 14th, 2005, 21:58
It is much better to get something that is meant for Voice Recording and not go through all this hacking and nonsense. Just look at the Homebrews, they all are not 100%.

Herbster
July 15th, 2005, 08:53
I think you’re missing the point of the homebrew scene.

You can’t knock an idea on the head because it won’t be 100%.

We have homebrew pacman, not a patch on the versions we can play through emulation but the fact that it is there is fantastic.

We have jpeg viewers, mp3 players, movie players. All these things the psp could do out of the box. The scene has to be able to recreate existing features in order to add to and improve them.

If Sony releases the headset with mic they promised last year then the homebrew scene will use it. Voice activated media players, mini games, virtual pets, translation, ideas we can’t even imagine, maybe even a record facility.