PDA

View Full Version : Wii Shop 'gift' feature revealed

Shrygue
October 26th, 2007, 19:05
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174542)

Wii owners will soon be able to buy games on the Wii Shop to send to a friend's Wii via a new gift feature, Nintendo has revealed.

The new Wii Shop feature will allow users to purchase a game (a Virtual Console game, for example) to send as a gift to another Wii owner. The recipient will then be notified of the gift and, once they accept, their Wii will automatically log into the Wii Shop to download the selected game.

Nintendo hopes this will get a larger portion of Wii owners to make use of the Wii's online capabilities. Company president, Satoru Iwata, said: "We think this will be a breakthrough in encouraging customers to spread news of fun games [other than by?] word of mouth."

"We also hope to spur more users to connect their Wiis to the Internet," he added, reports Yahoo.

A launch date for the new feature is yet to be set.

paul1991
October 26th, 2007, 19:56
They want me to buy games for sombody else?
The price they charge is too high for me to buy any for myself!
If you needed a last minute gift for somebody, this could be a useful(if not over-priced) way out.

bowmessage
October 26th, 2007, 22:06
"We also hope to spur more users to connect their Wiis to the Internet," he added, reports Yahoo.

Hmm. Why? To break the wii's with modchips, maybe?

:{. I hope not :P.