PDA

View Full Version : A little question.

Zhacross
July 13th, 2005, 22:03
Hey Im new here and this is my first question. When I play snes on my psp nearly every game laggs. I have overclocked the psp to 333 mhz and lowered the sound quality to minimum, it dosent lagg as much then but still its going in sllllooooooooommmmmmoooooootttttiiiooonnnnn. I have have also test to remove trancparancy or something like that, but then objects in the game disapers for example the floor. Help plz is there a way to run snes games smooth?

BTW sorry if there is any spelling wrongs, Im swedish and not that good to write in english.

thx in advance!

Festizzio
July 13th, 2005, 22:13
You should try increasing the frameskip to 3. Also, some games are slower than others. Like Final Fantasy 3 is a lot slower than let's say Mario World.

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 22:14
generally the main thing u gotta edit is the frame-skip option, most games run pretty smoothly witha frame skip of 1-2, or maybe even 3, but any higher than that and it wont run smoothly, always run at 333, turn transparency off only if the game supports it, and other than that some games just run slower than others, what game are u trying to play?

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 22:17
you need snes_uo y27.... ya know?

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 22:20
oh right, u'd always need the latest version, of which i'd reccomend the unnoficial snes emulator which u can get at http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml

Zhacross
July 13th, 2005, 23:18
generally the main thing u gotta edit is the frame-skip option, most games run pretty smoothly witha frame skip of 1-2, or maybe even 3, but any higher than that and it wont run smoothly, always run at 333, turn transparency off only if the game supports it, and other than that some games just run slower than others, what game are u trying to play?

Zelda a link to the past, castlevania vampires kiss, crono trigger etc

trew01
July 13th, 2005, 23:36
also a side note to the main poster. emulation for the psp is still in testing phases and is not perfect by far. its not even a 1.0 version release so your going to have to wait for a future version to play games at full speed.

only about 30 games run perfectly with no glitches (if that). the only emulator that works at 100 percent (that ive read and tried myself) is the nesterj (nes emulator).

so its not your systrm or anything everyone is having that problem and in order to semi fix the slowdown just follow what everyone else said to do (frameskip up, 333mhz, transparency off on some games etc...)

good luck and remember be patient for a fully working one might be a while (id say by november or december). It might be sooner but dont hold your breath. :)

PSP_Newbie
July 14th, 2005, 05:51
link to the past and chrono trigger(awsome game) work pretty well for me on UO snes_27
i can get a good 20-30fps usually and pretty smooth
oh, and btw just so u know, frame skip(the most useful option other than clocking to 33mhz) doesnt physically show up an increase in fps, but definately speeds up the game very noticably
these are the settings i use. though they might not always be the best, they generally work for me(at least for chrono trigger they're fine
Frameskip: 02
Auto Frameskip: ON
Screen Size: 4:3(doesnt matter)
Show FPS: ON(doesnt matter)
VSync: OFF
Sound: ON
Sound Rate: 44kHZ (doesnt really affect it too much)
Transparency: ON(for some games, if it has no effect, leave it off)
Graphic Speed: x1.1(might make it a bit faster, but has problems if u turn it up)
Sound Speed: x1.7(sometimes the music is a bit slow, if it is, turn it up from x1.0)
PSP Clock: 33mhz (this is completely safe as its not overclocking, but a bit of a drain on batteries)

Zhacross
July 17th, 2005, 21:10
Thx everyone! This really helped, but which is the best site to download roms from that is 100 % virus free? thx again