PDA

View Full Version : Will Wright Opines That Wii Is the Only Next-Gen Console

wraggster
October 27th, 2007, 17:28
In an article that will probably tick off a lot of PS3 owners, Will Wright calls the PS3 and 360 'incremental improvement(s)'. 'The Wii feels like a major jump - not that the graphics are more powerful, but that it hits a completely different demographic. In some sense I see the Wii as the most significant thing that's happened, at least on the console side, in quite a while ... I still, for the most part, prefer playing games on the computer - to me the mouse is the best input device ever. Every generation it's like 'the PC's dead! The PC's dead!'. But it carries on growing when consoles are flat for five years. At the moment I can get better graphics on my PC than I can on the PS3

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/26/1512217

Elven6
October 27th, 2007, 18:03
This guys weird

zevende
October 27th, 2007, 21:06
Why does the wii recieve so much praise, despite its mediocrity? I don't consider it next-gen by any means. All it is is a gamecube with a little extra processing power and one big gimmick. Motion sensors don't make up for lack of good games. I would even consider it detrimental to many games, as it gets old too fast.

sappo
October 27th, 2007, 22:18
All of you who despise Wii, buy it, and then talk.

Because I'm sure that you don't have it, or you would be agreeing with Will Wright.

Accordion
October 28th, 2007, 00:25
All of you who despise Wii, buy it, and then talk.

Because I'm sure that you don't have it, or you would be agreeing with Will Wright.

I have one, havent touched it since december.

I gave it my sister[only ever played pokemon before] after playing Wii sports, and buying Kororimpa it hasnt been turned on for months.

lack of games, adequate control schemes, ever changing philoshophy [The wii remote was supposed to be the only controller needed] it is hard not to feel disappointed.

Junixx
October 28th, 2007, 05:02
I have one, havent touched it since december.

I gave it my sister[only ever played pokemon before] after playing Wii sports, and buying Kororimpa it hasnt been turned on for months.

lack of games, adequate control schemes, ever changing philoshophy [The wii remote was supposed to be the only controller needed] it is hard not to feel disappointed.

You haven't even tried Metroid? You should...

By the way, I remain neutral on all this because I don't really care anymore, I play what I want to play on whatever console..

Accordion
October 28th, 2007, 14:28
You haven't even tried Metroid? You should...

By the way, I remain neutral on all this because I don't really care anymore, I play what I want to play on whatever console..

well it was only released two days ago…
I will probably buy it once the price is appropriate.
[If the Wii is so cheap and easy to produce games for, should i really be paying the same as i do for PS3 games?] If it had multiplayer i might be more tempted.

Junixx
October 28th, 2007, 15:33
[If the Wii is so cheap and easy to produce games for, should i really be paying the same as i do for PS3 games?] If it had multiplayer i might be more tempted.

Ah sorry I didn't see that you lived in the UK, and I do wonder about that also.. but usually here the Wii games are cheaper then the PS3 ones.. oh well *shrugs*

mcdougall57
October 28th, 2007, 15:57
oh my god who cares? i own a wii i couldnt care less what you think about it it is fun but not perfect and if you own a ps3 or xbox 360 why should this tick you off? if you prefer it nobody else cares a lot of you seem to defend it as if you were close partners

ICE
October 28th, 2007, 16:26
I dont see why anytime the Wii gets any praise all the ps3/360 fanboys have a heart attack. If your so happy with your system then why do you care?

sappo
October 28th, 2007, 20:27

There are a lot of good games. Guitar Hero 3 (the best version, they say), Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Trauma Center, and much others...

If you care about price, get a modchip ;)

APowerfulJedi
October 29th, 2007, 21:23
I totally agree the Wii truly is the only next gen console yes it has a lack of high end graphics and for anyone that hasn't touched it in months I get a kick out of hearing your outdated comments :rofl: because there are great games now and more coming very soon to the Wii. I play games on my Wii, PC and PS3 of all platforms my Wii gets all the attention. I have nothing against the PC, PS3 or 360 they have beautiful high end graphics yet it's still old technology and I'm talking about the way you play games (the controller/keyboard & mouse). I was getting bored of playing game this way and now thanks to Nintendo I'm enjoying the more interactive way I'm able to play my FPS and sports games. Don't kid yourselves Playstation and Xbox will eventually be playing follow the leader with there version of a Wiimote. Good article.

feddon
November 1st, 2007, 17:55
Well as a wii owner in the UK you see all sides. We pay £40 ($80) for games, even £30 ($60) for RE:4 which i believe is $30 dollars in the US, which makes the vast, vast majority not worth the cash .
Hasnt stopped me buying games though, most of my ten or so are mini/party game orientated purely because thats all there was when wii was released, along with ps2 ports which are such a backwards step. You get 360/ps3 owners will say that wii has no games and i agree as i can count great games on one hand but i also see the potential.
With galaxy coming soon and corruption finally out (which im about to buy :) ) things should pick up during year 2.
My main problem is that we UK wii owners get shafted by terrible game prices (accross the console board) and much later releases, and then the big N wonder why they have to seize 10000 mod chips, not that id ever get one, but u cant really blame those that do.