PDA

View Full Version : yea, i think my psp is dead, so can i get help to make sure it is?

gamerremag
October 28th, 2007, 03:42
^currupt flash 1. you are supposed to get a blue screen, but my psp has been on the fritz latly (ive had a TON of red screens and shit). its been not wanting to turn on, but every now and then it does. now it wont. i went to recovery mode (3.4oe, yea i know i should use m33 to format flash 1) and when i try to downgrade to 1.5, i get a flash 1 is unassigned error. cannot usb the flash 1, it comes up on my computer, but when i click on it it says insert disk. flash 0 works via usb, and so does regular usb.

helP?

hodgy47
October 28th, 2007, 09:57
Have you tried using pandora or despetar cementario v3 and tried recovering straight to a custom firmware

gamerremag
October 28th, 2007, 12:14
dont know if that will work, since i have a currupt flash1 and not flash 0. although, i dont know why im getting a black screen.... i should get a blue screen if my psp has a currupt flash 1:confused:

Saracchini
October 28th, 2007, 12:51
Corrupted Flash1 normally show you the BSOD (blue screen) one or more times, itīs annoying but it dont brick your PSP and you can correct it with an flash1 formatter.
RSOD (red screen) means corrupted flash0...and corrupted flash0 means corrupted firmware so in some cases you wont able to boot your PSP anymore (the famous brick). In this case only Pandora battery can rescue you. I had an RSOD twice before my PSP stoped to boot.

Corrupted partions are the worst case because only flashing an previous made NAND backup can restore it.

I sugest you try using an 3.40-OE recovery pack (you can find it in Dcemu) and reinstall your firmware. If it wont work you can try Pandora Battery . If no one of this methods works means flash1 partion corrupted.. in this case if your PSP is Phat (must be, because Slim wont run 3.40) you can restore the nand of other Phat PSP (but DO NOT RESTORE IDSTORAGE KEYS WITH IT) , it will not restore the brick, but it will restore the partitions... with Pandora and install 1.50.

darkness angel 777
October 28th, 2007, 16:40
Did you try Pandora's universal unbricker?