PDA

View Full Version : Can you convert ps2 games to play on your psp

kma23
October 29th, 2007, 04:34
I heard a rumor that kingdom hearts rechain of memories (ps2) would be download able through the the ps3 and you could play it on the the ps3 and psp. So is it possible for me to convert my budokai 3 into a psp game to play on my if sony can do it cant we do it to???:confused: Also if I put custom firmware on my psp can it still link up with my parents ps3?

BrooksyX
October 29th, 2007, 05:36
No, you cannot convert ps2 games to work on the psp. You would need the source code to do this since the psp is not strong enough to emulate the PS2.

Yes you can still link up to a PS3 if you have CFW on your psp.

SSaxdude
October 29th, 2007, 20:08
PSP: 333 mhz
PS2: 300 mhz
It's impossible to emulate a console that's only 33 mhz slower. On the other hand, Playstation emulation works great on the PSP.

JKKDARK
October 29th, 2007, 22:32

I just hate when the people make this comparison. You should compare other specifications

kjetil1991
November 14th, 2007, 08:48
i dont think the psp can handle ps2 games at all not just the cpu =(

Raziel-chan
November 14th, 2007, 09:22
i dont think the psp can handle ps2 games at all not just the cpu =(

PSP's CPU is less powerful (lacks PS2's extra vector units), but GPU-wise it's more powerful (higher clock, newer design).

Still, no. The architectures are different in many points and systems specs are too alike (PS2 being even slightly faster) to emulate.

Such a game would have to be rewritten from scratch by the developer to work on the psp, with almost surely some watering-down present (newer games).

cya
Raziel-chan

mike_jmg
November 16th, 2007, 03:05
If that could be done it will be the best console ever made

No hopes on getting it

dark heart
November 16th, 2007, 05:43
"leave now and never come back!" -golem-

factor remix
November 18th, 2007, 01:32
No.. can you ask sony if they are going to make an emulator to play some ps2 games in psp?

JKKDARK
November 18th, 2007, 16:52
No.. can you ask sony if they are going to make an emulator to play some ps2 games in psp?

I don't think they will make a PS2 emulator because this system is not dead

dark heart
November 19th, 2007, 05:30
it's just not possible without a modification in the hardware.

Samir_99999
July 24th, 2008, 09:45
yes you can with my new convert program ps2topsp convert any ps2 games to psp but you must wait 3 hours ( why ) in my program its take long time for convert game graphics from 128 bit to 64 bit .:cool:

jxx2005
July 24th, 2008, 12:25
yes you can with my new convert program ps2topsp convert any ps2 games to psp but you must wait 3 hours ( why ) in my program its take long time for convert game graphics from 128 bit to 64 bit .:cool:

i smell something bad
it could be LIES!

bah
July 24th, 2008, 12:51
i smell something bad
it could be LIES!

I'm assuming that 'could' is sarcastic :)

Samir_99999: Jokes belong in new threads, not bumping old ones.

jimftr
October 31st, 2008, 13:49
according to polyphony digital ps2 games on the psp is possible with tinkering. granturismo mobile is supposed to be an EXACT PORT, and i believe its possible. anyone agree with me?

jonezybaby
October 31st, 2008, 14:12
only with sum form of tinkering, but then whos to say it would run at full speed?

Medion
October 31st, 2008, 16:13
It's impossible to emulate a console that's only 33 mhz slower. On the other hand, Playstation emulation works great on the PSP.

Ignore the clock speeds. They're different CPUs with different capabilities. The PSP uses a 32-bit RISC CPU. The PS2 uses a 64/128-bit RISC CPU. It's not even close.

You can not emulate stronger hardware on weaker hardware. A more extreme example of this would be trying to run XBox games on a Sega Genesis just because you added a Sega CD.

PSP's CPU is less powerful (lacks PS2's extra vector units), but GPU-wise it's more powerful (higher clock, newer design).

Still, no. The architectures are different in many points and systems specs are too alike (PS2 being even slightly faster) to emulate.

Such a game would have to be rewritten from scratch by the developer to work on the psp, with almost surely some watering-down present (newer games).

cya
Raziel-chan

They're not nearly as close as you claim. The PSP's GPU is actually inferior to the PS2's. It is missing some features, and the system as a whole has significantly lower fill-rate and geometry performance.

If Sony could run PS2 games on the PSP, they'd be adding them to the PS Store to make a profit off of it. The PSP is not powerful enough to run PS2 games, even natively.

according to polyphony digital ps2 games on the psp is possible with tinkering. granturismo mobile is supposed to be an EXACT PORT, and i believe its possible. anyone agree with me?

You're wrong, and Polyphony never claimed that it would be an exact port. They said that it would look indistinguishable. Lower poly counts and lower resolution are harder to notice on a smaller screen. They could also lower the framerate without a ton of complaint. However, it says something that they still haven't gotten the game out, even though it was announced before the PSP released over 3 and a half years ago.

Wally
November 1st, 2008, 13:11
Thank you Medion for clarifying this to the noobs..

I think its about time they got the message..

Seeing this is a stupid thread its locked before its revived again.

Wally