PDA

View Full Version : WMA's

YourBandSucks
October 29th, 2007, 11:55
Okay, so on my psp, I got the WMA enabled. and I bought a lovely new Senses Fail - Still Searching cd. I rip it onto my computer, and then i copy it over to my psp.
Now when i go into my music folder and try to play it on my psp, it says it cannot play due to some copyright crap.

any way to make it stop, and actually get to playing my new ripped cd?

jxx2005
October 29th, 2007, 12:12
why did you rip to WMA anyway
MP3s are so much better

as for your problem
either try re-ripping it to MP3
or re-enabling WMA support

Cloudhunter
October 29th, 2007, 12:31
Okay, so on my psp, I got the WMA enabled. and I bought a lovely new Senses Fail - Still Searching cd. I rip it onto my computer, and then i copy it over to my psp.
Now when i go into my music folder and try to play it on my psp, it says it cannot play due to some copyright crap.

any way to make it stop, and actually get to playing my new ripped cd?

I'm guessing you ripped it using Windows Media Player.

There are three options when ripping CD's using WMP. Rip it to WMA with copy protection, rip it to WMA without copy protection, or rip it to MP3.

I'm sure you can find out how to do what you want upon looking in the WMP options.

Cloudy

bah
October 29th, 2007, 12:58
Get audiograbber or some other app and rip to mp3 alt-preset-standard with the lame mp3 codec.

WMA may technically be a better codec, as are pretty much all modern alternatives, but the hassles of dealing with the format's restrictions and lack of widespread support just isn't worth it to save a few kb/sec.

JPJunkie
October 29th, 2007, 16:41
Rip it to Mp3 it's much better