PDA

View Full Version : This guy has Mario Galaxy already

Shrygue
October 29th, 2007, 18:22
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174677)

Nintendo last week sent out copies of Super Mario Galaxy to select US retailers for in-shop demo kiosks. Predictably, one dodgy employee ripped the game to the internet.

When played in the demo pods in stores, the game enforces a time limit - so you can't just camp out in a shop and finish the game there. But someone realised that when played on a normal retail Wii at home, the same demo discs actually contain the whole game.

Now that disc is circulating around the darker corners of the internet, where this bloke has downloaded it from, and is now gloating as he enjoys the stolen goods, three weeks before its release.

Before you go on a mental search yourself though, first be aware that while his Wii looks like yours, it's not - it's been opened and modified to play dirty copies. Something you shouldn't do. Plus, if Nintendo finds you they will hit you with a giant, corporate DK barrel.

Keelhaul
October 29th, 2007, 18:46
Well, what if there is no legal way to play this game at this time? Isn't it tempting?
Basically, it was a very stupid move by Nintendo, they should've known better.

JKKDARK
October 29th, 2007, 22:45
anyway the sames will be good

killa574
October 30th, 2007, 18:11
did it work fine i got it but i got a wiikey :(

justin350
November 6th, 2007, 05:53
Ya I work like maybe a have a block away from my job. and it didn't have the time limit... lucky me... i'll just keep the spoilers to my self :)

also one of the workers there told me

"ya its not a demo, its the whole game."
I was like super kool.:thumbup: