PDA

View Full Version : Can this cause damage to my PSP?

Casper0878
July 14th, 2005, 18:58
I am new to all of this emulation stuff on the PSP and such, so please forgive me if I sound stupid. But will using an emulator on the PSP in any way harm my system? Also, I only currently have the memory stick that comes with the PSP. Will this be big enough for me to run emulators and roms if I decided to use some?? Thank you for your time guys. Really appreciate any info.

Cross
July 14th, 2005, 19:03
maybe a few games and one or two EMU's and maybe (if its snes) 1-4 games. NES will allow you more... but u can use it for a EMU's no problem, just remember to leave space for your game saves. (PSP and EMU alike)

Casper0878
July 14th, 2005, 19:08
oh right on. im currently trying to get my hands on one of those 1gb high speed memory sticks. im sure that will fit tons of stuff. but, will running emulators on the psp harm it in any way?? since its running from the memory stick i dont think anything would happen right?? its not like the pspersonalize that messes with the operating system or anything so i should be ok right?? and thanks for the speedy response cross!!

parabolee
July 14th, 2005, 19:16
Yeah you should have no problems at all.

Some people think that they might do damage because some Emu's run at 33mhz, which often (wrongly) called "overclocking. But since the PSP was designed to run at 333mhz (limited to 222 to save battery power) there is no reason to believe you are at any risk at all.

I have a 1gb stick and it's awesome, Have tons of my favorite classic games on it. Well worth the $100. In fact you will have trouble filling it up with emulator roms! Unless you get a ton on NEOGEO CD games.

Casper0878
July 14th, 2005, 19:18
sweet!! thanks parabolee. hey, if i buy the high speed pro duo memory stick that sony is making from someone in japan, it should work on my american PSP right? i emailed one of the sellers about it and never heard back from them.

PSP_Newbie
July 14th, 2005, 22:25
you can get much more than a few games on the psp w/ a 32mb stick, i got one and i got Doom on psp, Genesis +2 games, gameboy color emulator +3 games, snes emu +4 games, and 6 non-emu apps and i stick have like 3mb of 32 left

Cap'n 1time
July 14th, 2005, 22:34
sweet!! thanks parabolee. hey, if i buy the high speed pro duo memory stick that sony is making from someone in japan, it should work on my american PSP right? i emailed one of the sellers about it and never heard back from them.

pretty sure that the hardware is identicle.

Cross
July 15th, 2005, 00:39
I never tried with mine, I went and got a 512mb Stick locally because I was to impatent to wait for a 1gig to be ordered lol. Had I ordered though it probably would have been nice but I have my card filled with the Music Videos I make @ AMV and my favs from there, plys SNES/GEN/NES, Pictures just for fun, its great. I also use it to transfer files like a thumb drive between my Desktop and Laptop when I am in a rush.

Casper0878
July 15th, 2005, 17:03
cross - amv rocks. i was there for the first time yesterday and i watched the one thats like wizard of oz. it was hella funny. anyways, if i want to delete an emulator from my psp, do i just do it through the memory stick option and delete and also take out the corrupt files or do i have to hook the psp up to my comp and delete specific files?? im only wondering this cause i know that uo snes9x gets updated constantly

PS: what happened to my "its alive!!" thread?? did it get deleted??

shizzle
July 15th, 2005, 18:20
casper the psp can't read the high speed function of those memory cards, it's a waste of money unless you hgave something else to put it in, i suggest a cheaper pro duo. Yes, it did get deleted because it was the most pointless thread ever, most people manage to do homebrew fine, without telling us they can do it. i'm suprised you haven't been warned.

Casper0878
July 15th, 2005, 18:23
well, i got the high speed pro duo for the same price as the regular one so no biggie. and i see alot of posts of people asking for help so i just shared what i did and what programs i used to try to help out a little. i dont see anything wrong with that.