PDA

View Full Version : No need for Wii hard drive, says Nintendo (again)

Shrygue
November 1st, 2007, 18:45
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174835)

Have you filled up your Wii's internal memory yet? We have and it's bloody annoying. But while we're all waiting for Nintendo to release a Wii hard drive, the reluctant games giant says there's no need to store all your games on your Wii. Again.

"The way that we look at it is, we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive," said NOA PR manager, Eric Walter.

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

Yes Walter. But transferring songs between your PC and iPod takes seconds, not minutes, as Wii does per game. And copying VC games to an SD Card takes even longer than deleting and re-downloading them, would you believe it?

We're worried about how big the original games coming to the new WiiWare Channel (Wii Software) next year will be, but Walter says it won't be a problem.

"A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive," he told Gamasutra.

Accordion
November 1st, 2007, 19:58
why would they not want people to keep hold of the games they download?
the iPod statment is very funny though

CoinCollector
November 1st, 2007, 23:20
why would they not want people to keep hold of the games they download?

Yes, I would think Nintendo wouldn't want people re-downloading games all the time and using up all of their bandwidth.

I don't see why Nintendo won't just release some external hard drives; everyone wants them. They would sell! The Wii needs it!

zeromission80
November 2nd, 2007, 02:37
They don't want the Wii to become the next xbox arcade, through hacking is my thought as to why they wont release a harddrive. like my original xbox got all the games i need on the 160gb harddrive. redownloading a game would be rather annoying, i dont even own any vc games on mine, the saves are nearly at capacity, seriously 512mb cheap ass nintendo, we need a sd card mode so that its wired to the 512md memory and may access more

ICE
November 2nd, 2007, 03:17
If they release a hard drive they'll get hacked. I hate it as much as any of you but I see why their doing it..

JKKDARK
November 2nd, 2007, 12:31
I don't think the Wii needs a hard drive actually

Gold Line
November 2nd, 2007, 15:09
I don't think the Wii needs a hard drive actually

yeah not right now but it will, when the "wii live arcade" gets running we will need some extra memory...

acn010
November 2nd, 2007, 15:33
let the people what they want!!!!! LMAO!!!!

wiggy fuzz
November 2nd, 2007, 15:43
what's wrong with using a usb harddrive or even the 360 one? the wii does have usb ports, doesn't it, and logitec have made a pc keyboard that will work nativley with the wii