PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize v3.05

wraggster
November 1st, 2007, 20:22
DragonMinded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) has released a new version of his rather excellent PDA/Web Browser and Much more app for the Nintendo DS

Heres whats new:

Fixes found in 3.05
* Added extra checking to the image parser code to hopefully stop more freezes.
* Added back in ability to create lowercase filenames that are short.
* Added bad file check to gba_nds_fat so corrupt files shouldn't freeze DSO anymore.
* Added ability to download files on web browser.
* Added auto-hide setting to web browser.
* Changed default progress color on web browser to be more visible.
* Changed all audio formats that read on interrupt to read from a buffer.
o OGG, AAC, M4A files play faster now.
o OGG, AAC, M4A, MP3 files more stable.
* Fixed a bug in the downloader code that added garbage extensions to some images, making sites crash.
* Fixed a bug in the mp3 player that detected some stereo songs as mono, decreasing the quality.
* Fixed directory sort order bug.
* Fixed bug where sites using <script src="file" /> notation would not render.
* Fixed a few buffer overflows in web browser which should increase stability.
* Fixed a bug where uppercase hex digits converted to zeros in WEP keys.
* Fixed not being able to clear WEP keys.
* Fixed issue with random freezes while using the touchscreen in the sound player.
* Fixed random seek crashes with aac/ogg/flac/m4a.
* Fixed link issue with some php links.
* Fixed a bug with saving favorites.
* Fixed a bug where the cursor wouldn't auto-scroll when editing text.
* Fixed a disappearing cursor bug with fixed width text editing.
* Fixed a bug with sites that used bad tags like <br/> instead of <br />.
* Fixed a bug that allowed todo's with illegal characters to be created.
* Fixed a crash bug with small png images that run out of memory.
* Fixed several out of memory crashes with web browser in general.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pas
November 1st, 2007, 20:54
Yeah ! Finally we can download files !

wiggy fuzz
November 1st, 2007, 21:10
ds organise is my all time favourite application, it does almost everything... if i could program or code or learn C++ i'd add album artwork for the ultimate bragging rights :thumbup:

LeprechaunIV
November 1st, 2007, 21:43
Now you need to make a compressed youtube player.

AaronRocksG
November 1st, 2007, 21:44
ive been waiting for an update for this. im really glad there finally is one. sounds much better, keep up the good work!

bigleak2
November 1st, 2007, 21:47
man i love this app work real good on my r4 and mmd man i love this app only thing its missing is vid capbility

AaronRocksG
November 1st, 2007, 21:55
or facebooks support

TeenDev
November 1st, 2007, 21:59
he's adding SSL soon so then you can use most sites that need it like Gmail

AaronRocksG
November 1st, 2007, 22:05
awesome. thats what i need for facebook and myspace and hotmail and such right?

AaronRocksG
November 1st, 2007, 22:07
Yeah ! Finally we can download files !

what exaclty does it mean when it says that?

bigleak2
November 1st, 2007, 22:17
cool i can wait till face book support

Sir_Voe
November 1st, 2007, 22:21

It means when you click on a download link, the linked file is copied to the root of your card. Just tested it on the SNEmulDS home page and it worked great (it took less than 10 seconds to dl the latest version). An unzip function in the file browser would be really nice (though probably out of the question).

pas
November 1st, 2007, 22:29
Uhm... you can edit the directory it is downloaded to... I chose /DSOrganize/Downloads for example.

Just go into the config tab on the main page, click on the 2nd button from right to left and change the Download Directory Setting

DanTheManMS
November 2nd, 2007, 00:39
It means when you click on a download link, the linked file is copied to the root of your card. Just tested it on the SNEmulDS home page and it worked great (it took less than 10 seconds to dl the latest version). An unzip function in the file browser would be really nice (though probably out of the question).

You could use DSO to then launch DSCompress, which can unzip files.

Good to see an update, will test shortly.

mikeb
November 2nd, 2007, 00:52
Hm ill test this later i took a break from irc there....(im Darig0n) so ill download it in like 3 days...

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2007, 00:59
as usual, every release is great.
keep them coming! :D

Sigma83
November 2nd, 2007, 02:25
Much appreciate the continued development of thsi program, it's turning out great. Just wanted to provide some feedback on the web browser. I am unable to load tsn.ca or google news succesfully. google news (as only text) has distorted colored lines everywhere and doesn't load the articles. Tsn tends to freeze up on me (although haven't tried only text for that site). I will maybe try on my slot 2 device and see if it makes a difference :).

linkenski
November 2nd, 2007, 07:07
lol next version needs video converter for downloaded video files. or FLV player for youtube!!!

wiggy fuzz
November 2nd, 2007, 08:04
i don't think an FVL player will be properly feasible, that format is essentially a flash file and the only flash player around can only play very simple animations with no sound...

of course, i like to be proven wrong :thumbup:

Jan-H
November 2nd, 2007, 13:41
DSO: Best DS-Browser ever!!

wiggy fuzz
November 2nd, 2007, 15:49
guess what i noticed: while being stuck in a lift i played a song on ds organize (helena, my chemical romance)

below the timer there was a visualisation like a stereo version of the "scope" in media player. has anybodyelse seen this (it looks really cool, realtime, too) because i haven't checked to see if it is in any other song and only seemed to come accross this by accident

i clearly don't recall making any settings to the song file, either, for some reason this is the only song that brings this up

Sir_Voe
November 2nd, 2007, 18:53
Thanks to Pas and DanTheManMS for the info. DSCompress was just what I needed. And thanks to DM for the great update.

pas
November 2nd, 2007, 21:46
wiggy fuzz: this only works for .wav files and xm files if I'm not mistaken... Too bad DM did not implement more visualizations :(

Sigma83
November 3rd, 2007, 00:37
I got a visualization on some mp3 files :)

denniss4000
November 3rd, 2007, 06:54
i don't think an FVL player will be properly feasible, that format is essentially a flash file and the only flash player around can only play very simple animations with no sound...

of course, i like to be proven wrong :thumbup:

infact i am working on a a project called DsTube you can browse and download your favourite video , in any format then converted to dpg then you download to your ds in dpg format and launch with the built in moonshell.

want prove? search Super C in google and you will see what it can do

ZeakStarwind
November 3rd, 2007, 07:30
Dang, I never knew that this worked with my DSLink. This is a great app for making schedules and such. Thank you for creating the DSOrganize creator of the program.

wiggy fuzz
November 3rd, 2007, 08:34
wiggy fuzz: this only works for .wav files and xm files if I'm not mistaken... Too bad DM did not implement more visualizations :(

actually it was an mp3 file, just like Sigma83's. it had never been a .wav file or anything else

and talking of .flv players are there any other flash players for the ds other than the one by natrium42

kcajblue
November 3rd, 2007, 16:11
Dang, I never knew that this worked with my DSLink. This is a great app for making schedules and such. Thank you for creating the DSOrganize creator of the program.yes it does work with the ds link.

dldi ftw! :D

TeenDev
November 3rd, 2007, 21:16
yes DLDI certainly makes it easier for all the devs and especially Chishm...

Damn I love this freaking downloading I be doing...

Joel92
November 3rd, 2007, 22:14
infact i am working on a a project called DsTube you can browse and download your favourite video , in any format then converted to dpg then you download to your ds in dpg format and launch with the built in moonshell.

want prove? search Super C in google and you will see what it can do

Shut up, please. People like you just make me angry. Your probably a stupid little 8 year old who cannot spell right and want some sort of recognition of being alive. Now I could be wrong, but I'm almost sure I'm not. Super C wouldn't even be able to be ported to the DS, because it needs a heck of a lot of ram, and processing power. Heck, this program wasn't even designed with a mobile device in mind. It was made to convert videos FOR a mobile device.
Stupid.

Anyways, I thought I was 100% content with the last release, but now, words can't describe how happy I am!
Thanks DM!

Sigma83
November 3rd, 2007, 23:12
Is there anyway to ensure that when u use the DSOrganize Web Browser to log into DCEMU forums, that the login stays effective? In order to download files I need to be logged in but once I browse to this page after logging in, I'm no longer logged in :)

Thanks

doddsie
November 4th, 2007, 23:10
damn since loading this i cant connect to the download, even tried putting the 3.01 version back on. still didnt work.. Saying that its a top app ;)

snarf2304
November 8th, 2007, 14:12
Hi

i run DSOrganiser on my DS Lite an can connect to the Internet. If i try to go to hotmail.com it can't find the website. Other websits are working flawless what to do so Hotmail can be used on my DS

Sigma83
November 9th, 2007, 01:46
my impression is that sites requiring ssl (whatever that is :) like gmail/hotmail/signing into yahoo even are not supported by the browser yet. I believe it's mentioned earlier in this thread that that is intended to be supported in the future.

snarf2304
November 9th, 2007, 09:14
Thanks for th info let see.

EliteKiller234
February 17th, 2008, 15:39
What exactly do you mean when you call the user a it?