PDA

View Full Version : no memory stick inserted!!!!

jokas5
November 2nd, 2007, 22:46
help,,,I have a PSP which says no memory stick inserted!...however untill today the stick inserted (SanDisk Pro Duo 4.0GB) worked fine ive also tried another with the same result!.The music files are not showing and games cant be saved or saved games accessed...has my PSP lost the ability to read memory sticks, is there a simple fix for this problem.Any help appreciated.:(

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 22:57
Could be a fake Memory Stick or simply defective.

Try formatting the card with the PSP.
Keep in mind you'll lose all the information previously saved on the Memory Stick.

SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > FORMAT MEMORY STICK

Cloudhunter
November 2nd, 2007, 23:02
help,,,I have a PSP which says no memory stick inserted!...however untill today the stick inserted (SanDisk Pro Duo 4.0GB) worked fine ive also tried another with the same result!.The music files are not showing and games cant be saved or saved games accessed...has my PSP lost the ability to read memory sticks, is there a simple fix for this problem.Any help appreciated.:(

If you have a PSP with custom firmware, activate the usb mode in recovery mode and format it using the PC.

If not, then try the same thing with a card reader.

Cloudy

jokas5
November 2nd, 2007, 23:24
thanks for the info..but tried this after selecting yes to delete data it says no memory stick inserted!! what now?

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 23:27
Try formatting with your PC.

Connect via USB and if a Removable Drive comes up, right-click and select Format.

Just quick format using the defaults.

jokas5
November 2nd, 2007, 23:44
k done that but when clicked on format a box comes up saying "there is no disk in drive F,insert a disk,try again!!! more help required!!!!plz

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 23:45
When did you buy it?

Have you used it before?

jokas5
November 2nd, 2007, 23:53
card purchased about september/october been fine saved music and game data no probs tried another card today with the same result,"no card inserted.

Johnny Rash
November 2nd, 2007, 23:57
It could be the PSP then.

I'm not really sure about this one.

I've never had that problem before.

Sorry man.

Try taking a look inside the slot.
Maybe something is stuck in there...

jokas5
November 3rd, 2007, 00:04
:thumbup:thanks for trying dude.....by the way great name Johnny Rash ,maybe it means something else over here in the UK......!!!!

Johnny Rash
November 3rd, 2007, 00:07
You're welcome, man.

And thanks for the compliment on the name.
It was given to me since I did Johnny Cash covers.

When you get the problem fixed, post back or PM me.
I'm curious to what the problem might be. :cool:

jokas5
November 3rd, 2007, 00:27
:(Hi,my psp is as original its only 6 months old and ive tried another card with the same result...both cards had previously been fine saving music and game data so is it more likely to be a faulty psp...:eek:

Johnny Rash
November 3rd, 2007, 00:30
It's likely.

But I think something like that will be easily reparable.
Take it to a shop.

sourced
November 3rd, 2007, 01:00
take the memory stick, and stick it into the magic gate slot, but instead of just pushing it in, HOLD it in for about 10 seconds, pushing it in hard, to make the psp "Force read" the mem stick. if it still wont work, repeat the process.
after three tries with no luck, bring it to a shop. if you are on CFW, it may likely be the cause of the memstick failure.

on a side note: IM BACK :D

Johnny Rash
November 3rd, 2007, 01:32
on a side note: IM BACK :D

'Bout time, asshole. :p

sourced
November 3rd, 2007, 02:30
'Bout time, asshole. :p

lmao, blame my girlfriend. she's the one who wanted to stay at the resort for a few more days. :p

anyway, ill be posting my usual stupid stuff in the off-topic forum tomorrow. lemme just take a break and rest. lol, im tired.

newage3680
November 6th, 2007, 03:24
I think it is caused by the 3.52 update, when i updated mine it did the same thing, i have tried formating it several times and it will not work, my only option now is to try to update again and see if that will fix it. If anyone comes up with a better solution please do tell.

sourced
November 6th, 2007, 08:28
I think it is caused by the 3.52 update, when i updated mine it did the same thing, i have tried formating it several times and it will not work, my only option now is to try to update again and see if that will fix it. If anyone comes up with a better solution please do tell.

look at my solution. it works.

KUSH
December 1st, 2007, 05:10
I found a solution i had this problem too, what u do is u take ur memory stik and insert it into another psp if u have another 1, then a message will pop up saying, format memory stik using command from system settings and ur done.:thumbup::D

JPJunkie
December 1st, 2007, 09:16
Glad you solved your problem

unstoppable_96
December 18th, 2007, 09:54
I had the same problem with my 2gb sandisk memory card, when i inserted it the Memory card led kept flashing bt there was nothing in my games or music etc.. I just took out my memory card and slowly put it back into the psp and stop about half way then the led started flashing and i quickly fully put the memory card in my PSP.

Might sound a bit weird bt it helped me :D

ads1212
February 29th, 2008, 20:49
I had the same problem with my 2gb sandisk memory card, when i inserted it the Memory card led kept flashing bt there was nothing in my games or music etc.. I just took out my memory card and slowly put it back into the psp and stop about half way then the led started flashing and i quickly fully put the memory card in my PSP.

Might sound a bit weird bt it helped me

ALL BLACKS - BEST RUGBY TEAM

dude, it aint stupid, u r a legend!!

bacardi23
February 18th, 2009, 12:15
Hi all.. I know this is an old thread but it is still very useful!

I've just spent 12hours trying to solve the problem of my memory stick, it wasn't possible to access it on my PSP and it said " There is no memory stick " or something like that but I DID solve the problem.... it was ust too simple lol

To solve this you simply have to:

1- get a memory card reader and connect your memory card to your computer (you can try to connect directly with your PSP but I don't know if it'll work).

2- Go to "Start".

3-Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage" and it will popup a window called "Computer Management".

4- Click on "Device Manager". On the right there will show a list and collapse the "Disk drives" tab.

5-Right click on your memory stick ( For those connecting through the PSP it will say "Sony PSP USB Device") and choose "Properties".

6- Go to the "Policies" tab and check the "Optimize for performance" and click "Ok".

7- Go to "Start" and open "My Computer".

8- Right click on your memory stick and choose "Format" and a window will open.

9- Make sure "Fat 32" is selected under "File System".

OPTIONAL: You can name your memory stick.

10- Press "Start" and wait a few seconds and you're done!

Have fun! ;)

RRGeneral
March 24th, 2009, 19:29
Hi, ive got the same problem, tried to format the ms on my pc but it failed and now nothing detects it, pc, psp and even my SE W850i, any solutions??

zayaclark22
February 4th, 2011, 00:02
i have the same problem except my other memory sticks work