PDA

View Full Version : 3.71 m33-2 tried to kill my psp.. :(

factor remix
November 3rd, 2007, 01:08
Ok, so I am not flamming m33 firmwares, but it almost f*cked my psp. You guys know that I don't have an analog stick. Joysens 1.3 just released, so I tried playing daedalus with it. But I needed 3.71 m33 to play the plugin in 1.50 games.
So I updated from 3.40 oe-a to 3.52 m33, the to 3.52 m33-4 and then to 3.71 m33. I heard that it didn't have the 1.50 kernal, so I search google to find the kernel. I found kernel 1.50-2 and 3.71 m33-2. So I just download the kernel and start playing without problems. It was running like a ferari.
Then, I wanted to update from 3.71 m33 to 3.71 m33-2. I updated without problem. Next day I turn it on and tried to play daedalus. When I boot it, there was a problem. It's show game couldn't start. So I went to recovery mode and then changed the hombrew game folder from 1.5 to 3.71.

It worked, so I boot it again. I enter the setting and launch super mario 64, and then press the note button to turn on the plugin... but it shows the menu. I tried again like 5 times, but no fix. Then I turn it off and it doesn't work, then I went to recovery menu and I reformat the flash 1... and still the problem was there.
Next day I decided play Final Fantasy VII. I put it in the place where it's suppost to be. I launch it without problem. But something wrong happened. It launched the pops menu... so I decided reset game. I reseted it and wait for the PlayStation logo to launch, but it only hang there. I leave it like 5 minutes and then I decided take off the battery.
... I was like f*ck, this firmware sucks! Then I search in google to find a person with the same problem, but nothing came out. Then I decided to downgrade via recovery menu, but it didn't work. I was nervouse so I tried to find in google a way to downgrade. I found the pandora battery and the "magic" memory stick can downgrade or unbrick ANY firmware. So I decided to do that.

I followed the instructuion, until the step 3. I had to create the magic MS. It just corrupted my memory stick, so every save file I had was gone... :( (The 100s hours it took me to go to the dick 3 in final fantasy 7 was gone). I was so f*cking mad and sad because of that.
Then I found captain moragn thread, It says that you could downgrade the 3.71 m33 easy and save. I asked him if it works in 3.71 m33-2 and he said yes, so I tried it and it really worked, until I want to system setting and see if it really downgraded. It just gave me and internal error and then "the blue screen of dead" appeared. I pressed o to fix the corruoted files.
So I did it and went back to 1.50 normally. I was so happy... I tried to install 3.03 oe-c, but I decided 3.10 (I have DBZ SB2). I installed 3.10 oe-c and I was so happy because I could now play ps1 games.
I launched Final Fantasy VII and it happed the same thing, the menu and black screen. I thought it was a pops problem in 3.10, so I updated to 3.40.

I tried to launch it, but the problem still where there. I installed popsloader and chose 3.03 pops, and now I couldn't launch the game. It just gave me "game couldn't start", so I want to recovery menu and disable popsloader, and tried again. Still the menu problem and black screen.
I tried to convert the iso to eboot.pbp again and it didn't work. So I decided play tony hawk from my UMD. It was working normal... until I accidently pressed the note button and then the menu came out, I was like OMFG!! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THIS PSP?!?!?!

I think 3.71 m33-2 corrupted an internal file and I can't fix it. Does anyone have this problem?? or do you know a way to fix this without pandora?
Why D_A had to finish OE series and start this m33, OE was great. Maybe It was because of legal reasons... I don't know.

Thanks for anyone that read this, I apreciate it:thumbup:

Cloudhunter
November 3rd, 2007, 01:22
Ok, so I am not flamming m33 firmwares, but it almost f*cked my psp. You guys know that I don't have an analog stick. Joysens 1.3 just released, so I tried playing daedalus with it. But I needed 3.71 m33 to play the plugin in 1.50 games.
So I updated from 3.40 oe-a to 3.52 m33, the to 3.52 m33-4 and then to 3.71 m33. I heard that it didn't have the 1.50 kernal, so I search google to find the kernel. I found kernel 1.50-2 and 3.71 m33-2. So I just download the kernel and start playing without problems. It was running like a ferari.
Then, I wanted to update from 3.71 m33 to 3.71 m33-2. I updated without problem. Next day I turn it on and tried to play daedalus. When I boot it, there was a problem. It's show game couldn't start. So I went to recovery mode and then changed the hombrew game folder from 1.5 to 3.71.

It worked, so I boot it again. I enter the setting and launch super mario 64, and then press the note button to turn on the plugin... but it shows the menu. I tried again like 5 times, but no fix. Then I turn it off and it doesn't work, then I went to recovery menu and I reformat the flash 1... and still the problem was there.
Next day I decided play Final Fantasy VII. I put it in the place where it's suppost to be. I launch it without problem. But something wrong happened. It launched the pops menu... so I decided reset game. I reseted it and wait for the PlayStation logo to launch, but it only hang there. I leave it like 5 minutes and then I decided take off the battery.
... I was like f*ck, this firmware sucks! Then I search in google to find a person with the same problem, but nothing came out. Then I decided to downgrade via recovery menu, but it didn't work. I was nervouse so I tried to find in google a way to downgrade. I found the pandora battery and the "magic" memory stick can downgrade or unbrick ANY firmware. So I decided to do that.

I followed the instructuion, until the step 3. I had to create the magic MS. It just corrupted my memory stick, so every save file I had was gone... :( (The 100s hours it took me to go to the dick 3 in final fantasy 7 was gone). I was so f*cking mad and sad because of that.
Then I found captain moragn thread, It says that you could downgrade the 3.71 m33 easy and save. I asked him if it works in 3.71 m33-2 and he said yes, so I tried it and it really worked, until I want to system setting and see if it really downgraded. It just gave me and internal error and then "the blue screen of dead" appeared. I pressed o to fix the corruoted files.
So I did it and went back to 1.50 normally. I was so happy... I tried to install 3.03 oe-c, but I decided 3.10 (I have DBZ SB2). I installed 3.10 oe-c and I was so happy because I could now play ps1 games.
I launched Final Fantasy VII and it happed the same thing, the menu and black screen. I thought it was a pops problem in 3.10, so I updated to 3.40.

I tried to launch it, but the problem still where there. I installed popsloader and chose 3.03 pops, and now I couldn't launch the game. It just gave me "game couldn't start", so I want to recovery menu and disable popsloader, and tried again. Still the menu problem and black screen.
I tried to convert the iso to eboot.pbp again and it didn't work. So I decided play tony hawk from my UMD. It was working normal... until I accidently pressed the note button and then the menu came out, I was like OMFG!! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THIS PSP?!?!?!

I think 3.71 m33-2 corrupted an internal file and I can't fix it. Does anyone have this problem?? or do you know a way to fix this without pandora?
Why D_A had to finish OE series and start this m33, OE was great. Maybe It was because of legal reasons... I don't know.

Thanks for anyone that read this, I apreciate it:thumbup:

I think you are a little paranoid. When you go to another firmware, everything in the flash is erased - so no, it hasn't corrupted anything internal.

I just think it's incompatible plugins.

Remove all the plugins.

And by the way, M33 is exactly the same code as OE but updated. So, in a way he never stopped the OE firmwares.

Cloudy

factor remix
November 3rd, 2007, 01:25
I doesn't have any plugin... remember that I had to reformat it.

I just don't find a way to fix this. I went to 3 firmwares and nothing.

Saracchini
November 3rd, 2007, 01:37
The pops converter changed between versions. So an PSX game converted to 3.40-OE ( you said that you updated from 3.40-E the 3.52 the 3.71 and went back to 3.03) will not run in the 3.03 pops.
Anyway i use the same converter (Autopopstation4) and it works from 3.40 to 3.71 without problems.

Note:Blue screen of death means corrupted flash1, use an flash1 formater once to correct it.But NOT IN 3.71 M33, use it can put you in a great trouble !

factor remix
November 3rd, 2007, 01:43
oh... so... where I can get a flash 1 formater?

btw: I tried default pop (3.40) and 3.03,3.10,3.11,3.30

factor remix
November 3rd, 2007, 02:15
i tried what you said, and I still have the problem...

NOTE Button = Menu Button
Light Button = Menu Button + Light Up/Down
Menu Button = NOTING!

factor remix
November 4th, 2007, 02:57
now the hold button is the menu button and the d-pad buttons don't work!!

WTF is wrong with this firmware?!

... I must wait for a fix or something... R.I.P PSP :(

---

Maybe I will try stealing a PSP or something :D

mike_jmg
November 4th, 2007, 08:07
I had the same problem trying to downgrade from that firmware, recovery eboot can't erase the 3.71 files on flash and just writes some extra stuff on it.

Try this
In recovery go to advanced, flash0 and flash1 and check if there are any hidden and read only files (or files that are not supposed to be there), wich your psp might have kept from 3.71m33 and erase them (It might be better if you rewrite an old backup to flash0 from 3.40 OE or something you have that is not corrupted and format flash1 manually)

If this doesn't work, try pandora (there is an autoinstaller somewhere called pandora's box)

I think your plugin was the thing that messed it up

factor remix
November 4th, 2007, 18:45
ok... I will try that.

edit: I reformated the flash 1 again and now I can use the d-pad and the other buttons... thanks :D

factor remix
November 5th, 2007, 02:41
I fixed it, just needed to delete "dic" directory in flash 0 and remove hidden files... thanks a lot

Napalm-Death
November 5th, 2007, 03:32
Hm, maybe I should try this on my own PSP. It won't load my Disgaea AoD UMD and it won't even load my CSO backup of it. The weird thing is that it worked last night...

JPJunkie
November 5th, 2007, 17:11
Killed your PSP?

factor remix
November 6th, 2007, 00:19
now its fine... I can play final fantasy 8. But final fantasy 7... I can't get it to work

Napalm-Death
November 6th, 2007, 04:01
Killed your PSP?

I ended up doing this. I have no regrets, I'll just resurrect it on Saturday. :rofl: