PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Playing Brave Fencer Musashi on PSP

Moon_Lit_Shadow
November 3rd, 2007, 03:31
Im not quite sure what the problem is, but anytime I play Brave Fencer Musashi on the PSP (I ripped the game, and converted it to Eboot myself) it doesnt work.

Whenever I load the game, right while the opening movie is playing, it will freeze. or if I skip the movie, after it says "Chapter 1" it will freeze. And its not the game thats the problem, because I have played it on PS1 before without any problems.
I have tried fiddling with the compression of it when making it, to see if maybe that would make it work, but still its not working.

Now I would say that maybe I had done something wrong, but all the games I play on PSP are ripped from PS1 games (by me) and work fine, so I dont know what could be the problem.

Does anybody have any ideas how to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance to all of those that reply,
~Moon_Lit_Shadow

dark heart
November 3rd, 2007, 10:46
sorry, but you can't.
and theres no alternative.
but there are plenty of other good games you can play.

YMI
April 29th, 2008, 22:20
When you have a game thats not working like this one,
use a different game ID.
Some say that using the ID of Bio hazard seem to work, but I didn't try it myself.

Edit :
I tryed The Game ID change, it does not seem to work
BUT ...
If you convert the game to PAL, you will be able to make it work and pass over the freeze you encounter.

gloonk
August 6th, 2008, 05:53
I have the same prob, so how would i convert the game to PAL?

YMI
September 12th, 2008, 16:22
You can find Tools to patch your ISO on the web.

But I have found new informations.
If you dont patch the game to PAL, then Musashi only work on the Firmware 3.40 Oe-a for now.

you should the install Popsloader : a program that let you choose the version of your Pops (PSP internal psx emulator)

When creating your eboot from the musashi ISO, you also need to change the game code to SLPS-01222.

So you have 2 options, either patch to PAL, or install Popsloader. Both are very easy to do. But if you install Popsloader, it could be usefull for other games.

antispamstar
September 15th, 2008, 16:21
For NTSC version, use a program called RS-GUI Popstation v3.00 Beta for converting to eboot file. Replace default game code number with SLPS01724. After done converting and copy a game folder to PSP, use Popsloader 3.71 only. It's only way to work to avoid any more frozen screen. So far, I had no trouble playing that.