PDA

View Full Version : Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN Full Screen Patch

DarthPaul
November 3rd, 2007, 19:09
Dark_AleX released a full-screen patch for the PSP's Castlevania game, Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN. Here's what he has to say:

It is a patch to enable fullscreen in the Symphony of Night included in the game (note: only sotn, this doesn't patch Rondo of Blood).
It will replace the larger mode with the full screen one.

Instructions:

- Make an iso of the umd. (note: the iso must be decompressed, not cso, you can compress it after the patch if you want).
- run the program in the command line as "sotn_fs path_of_iso", and done, you can play SOTN at fullscreen.

Via: Dark_AleX (http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=87140)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Napalm-Death
November 3rd, 2007, 21:36
Thanks! I'll try it later, I'm too lazy to rip the UMD right now. XD

ab88
November 3rd, 2007, 21:47

http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=87140
No Sauce :eek:
Better take that stupid filter off before DC emu is accused of plagiarism :cool:

Nashxyzz
November 4th, 2007, 00:15
when it says saving file, is it suppose to say this after total patches done?

Cannot open iso in rb+ mode.

edit: nevermind I didn't see my comp set the iso image to read only so that was stopping the patch.

jamotto
November 4th, 2007, 03:44
Awesome, will have to take a look at this after I finish Rondo.

Daki
November 4th, 2007, 04:28
take it out of read only mode, nashy-poo ^.^

Ziim
November 4th, 2007, 05:00
This is Great! Dark_Alex, if you read this, THANKS! It would be nice to have a black background hack so Rhondo could be played without the crappy backgrounds.

"edit"
The more I think about it, THIS IS NOT, repeat NOT A REQUEST OR DEMAND! But if ANYone is looking for IDEAS to further this patch, setting normal to the fit version with black borders could be cool. The orginal boxed aspect are worthless in my opinon. Way to small for the PSP screen.

migsgiz
November 4th, 2007, 05:23
Can any body give me a step by step on how to do this!
thanks guys

Ziim
November 4th, 2007, 06:34
Sure!

Step 1: Extract sotn_fs
Step 2: Put Folder in your root c: drive
Step 3: Put ISO (not CSO) in the sotn_fs folder
Step 4: Open your DOS like command prompt
Step 5: Type cd.. (hit enter key, repeat till you are at c: )
Step 6: Type cd sotn_fs (hit enter)
Step 7: Type sotn_fs (isoname).iso (hit enter)
Step 8: CSO if desired

Done! End of simplified tutorial!

urherenow
November 4th, 2007, 07:18
nice... I'll try it out tomorrow. Last I played I finally got 100% in the rob remake.

ab88... your quote (I assume you're using it as a sig) is technically INCORRECT.

Being a noob and being ignorant are the same exact thing. It's being STUPID that "is a totally different thing altogether..."

Veskgar
November 4th, 2007, 07:35
Great work Dark_AleX!

But another example of what the hell is going on with game developers? Why not have this full screen included in the options. From what I'm hearing/seeing, its not just stretching the screen, but actually giving you a wider perspective and more viewing area.

This wasn't included why?

So another game that needs to be backed up to ISO in order to fully enjoy and get the most out of it.

I now have to re-dump my UMD to get this to work but it will be worth it.

People have been saying you can just drag the ISO into the sotn_fs.exe file to apply this. That sounds a little too easy. Can it really be done that way?

ab88
November 4th, 2007, 07:56
nice... I'll try it out tomorrow. Last I played I finally got 100% in the rob remake.

ab88... your quote (I assume you're using it as a sig) is technically INCORRECT.

Being a noob and being ignorant are the same exact thing. It's being STUPID that "is a totally different thing altogether..."

I guess you are right now that I think about it.
I just quoted someone because at the time there was a thread that had like 12+ pages, and it seemed to fit in nicely with the mood of it. :P

jamotto
November 4th, 2007, 08:12
I now have to re-dump my UMD to get this to work but it will be worth it.

why? convert your image (cso ?) back to an iso and apply the patch.

People have been saying you can just drag the ISO into the sotn_fs.exe file to apply this. That sounds a little too easy. Can it really be done that way?

Yes, you can do it that way too.

Mr. Shizzy
November 4th, 2007, 09:11
Whats up with this new filter DCEmu has?
We cant even link to the sources?

http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=87140

DarthPaul
November 4th, 2007, 09:41
Whats up with this new filter DCEmu has?
We cant even link to the sources?

Seems like you have not been very active lately. :rolleyes:

Baboon
November 4th, 2007, 10:47
Nice, I'll try this later.

I loved the full screen mode in pops so this patch should look great on sotn now .)

PsychoSync
November 4th, 2007, 18:18
That SOTN included in X Chronicles, is it exactly like the original or is there some goodies?

Napalm-Death
November 4th, 2007, 18:36
New Maria! New script! New voice actors! Two extra familiars from the Japanese versions of the game!

Apoklepz
November 4th, 2007, 23:00
Dammit Dark_Alex!!!!

You have rendered my Pops SotN USELESS!!!!!

Oh well....THANKS!!!

jamotto
November 5th, 2007, 00:35
That SOTN included in X Chronicles, is it exactly like the original or is there some goodies?

Everything Napalm-Death said plus new sound effects in various places and increased difficulty.

Veskgar
November 5th, 2007, 06:17
This game is turning out to be one hell of a package. And priced at only $29.99 USD.... What a value! A nice throwback to the good old days.

geise69
November 5th, 2007, 13:15
For the price it's a great buy. I have waited for a long time to play Dracula X Rondo of Blood on my psp. The emulation of the PC-Engine emulators made playing it kind of disappointing. There are some issues with the emulation of Dracula X in this release. It runs a bit faster than the version on my real Turbo Duo. Also there's quite a few problems with the sound effects, some are way off and hurt my ears. I also don't know why they didn't leave the original sound to the intro, and replaced it with the sound from the remake. There was no need to do that. The new music in the remake is pretty good but it's no where near as good as the PC-Engine soundtrack. The SoTN in this release is nice though, and the new full screen mode from DA makes this even better. The only other complaint I have is with my actual psp. I have/had a Japanese 1.0 psp so my screen is a ghosting mess when I play SotN and Dracula X. I need to replace my lcd with a newer psp one.

ab88
November 5th, 2007, 18:20
Seems like you have not been very active lately. :rolleyes:

Which in no way justifies POSTING news, linking to a broken destination. If it comes to that the posting of anything linking to "forbidden" sites would be encompassed. Not taking into account childishness of the act. Many already know what the site is, why censor it?

ogm
November 9th, 2007, 19:22
Any luck with this patch, anyone?
I patched iso of the umd as in the instructions, and then converted to cso, but when I load SOTN, the borders are still there. Any ideas?

jamotto
November 10th, 2007, 04:54
Any luck with this patch, anyone?
I patched iso of the umd as in the instructions, and then converted to cso, but when I load SOTN, the borders are still there. Any ideas?

Did you make sure the read only attribute was unchecked before applying the patch.

ogm
November 10th, 2007, 20:55
Lol, it was correctly patched. It seems I just forgot to set full screen in options :)

Prasoc
November 10th, 2007, 23:22
cheers big D. that was bugging me alot but now it is fixed!

crizie
April 27th, 2010, 03:31
Dark_AleX released a full-screen patch for the PSP's Castlevania game, Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN. Here's what he has to say:

It is a patch to enable fullscreen in the Symphony of Night included in the game (note: only sotn, this doesn't patch Rondo of Blood).

Instructions:

- Make an iso of the umd. (note: the iso must be decompressed, not cso, you can compress it after the patch if you want).
- run the program in the command line as "sotn_fs path_of_iso", and done, you can play SOTN at fullscreen.

the patch isn't totally working because it only works before the main menu screen appears (the animation before the main menu screen) then after that, it back to normal with borders on both side.. How is it?., what I am supposed to do to make it work?., my Castlevania DXC is Euro version (ULES00841).. please i need your help badly.q;'(

crizie
April 27th, 2010, 03:35

Instructions:

the patch isn't totally working because it only works before the main menu screen appears (the animation before the main menu screen) then after that, it back to normal with borders on both side.. How is it?., what I am supposed to do to make it work?., my Castlevania DXC is Euro version (ULES00841).. please i need your help badly.q;'(

Qmark
April 27th, 2010, 03:57
There is a CWCheat code that does the same thing.

designtattoo
April 28th, 2010, 03:31
where is the next tattoo earthquake exploding? do you know ,

the most top tattoos events 2010 (http://www.mydepots.com/page.html?chapter=6&id=85)?

follow the top fashion tattoo trend with the world fantastic tattoo artists ..

crizie
April 29th, 2010, 01:34
There is a CWCheat code that does the same thing.

yup.. but only in USA version.. q;'(

sidnei55
November 22nd, 2011, 19:01
Thanks.