PDA

View Full Version : Un_Snes9x speed tip

CannedSoup
July 15th, 2005, 02:55
Just thought i'd let people know this
I've been playing Chrono trigger and all this time is was playable not really fullspeed. With these settings you will get a really fast and feeling fullspeed feel.

FrameSkip of 3
Autoframeskip on
Graphic speed 1.0
Sound Speed 1.3
Sound 22mhz

The trick is with sound speed on 1.3 its going overly fast. But the emu is only runing at 80% to being with. So making the sound go 20% faster makes match up as if it where fullspeed.

May cause your psp to lock up but try to overclock sound speeds in games where sound is laggy.

Festizzio
July 15th, 2005, 03:07
Wow, those are really good settings. Thanks a lot!

CannedSoup
July 15th, 2005, 03:13
These setting are universal and will give near fullspeed on almost every game.
Megaman games are perfect frames.

Ashtear
July 15th, 2005, 03:15
This gives me an idea, I dunno if anyone else has done it before, but...

This configuration works. Maybe dedicate a thread or someone on a site to dedicate a segment to game configurations, and what version they were tested on, sort of like a compatibility guide, with the best working configurations.

Just a thought for those with the means...

CannedSoup
July 15th, 2005, 03:20
This works on every game give or take 1.2sound or 1.3 sound. Or frameskip 2 or 3.

These are absolutly the best settings you can get without freezing the game.

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2005, 06:24
You at least have Good taste in games.

Kaiser
July 15th, 2005, 06:52
You at least have Good taste in games.

Indeed :)

Does even Mega Man X3 run good on this?

(I've been using 3 frameskip and 333 mhz, I've averaged around 12 FPS on MMX3)

PSP_Newbie
July 15th, 2005, 09:05
dunno y, but i heard some of the megaman games work really slow on snes emulator, i tried one once and it was almost unplayable :(

RabidPuppi
July 27th, 2005, 00:44
mega man X3 werks great for me

F34R
July 27th, 2005, 01:34
Well, testing with chrono trigger, and a lot of other games... here are my settings... plays very well.
Frameskip : 02
Auto Frameskip : OFF
Screen Size : Normal
Show FPS : ON
Vsync : OFF
Sound : ON
Sount Rate : 22kHz
Transparency : ON/OFF (turn it off for games that dont use it, keep it on for games that do...)
Graphics Speed : x1.0
Sound Speed : x1.0
PSP Clock : 333mhz

If you increase the Graphics Speed and/or Sound Speed, you are asking for trouble. They arent meant to be overclocked, so dont. The PSP locks up when they are increased for a reason.

Hope this helps.

slik da relic
July 27th, 2005, 02:12
can the new version of uosnes9x play shadowrun, or do i have to switch the snes9x?

da relic

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 02:21
can the new version of uosnes9x play shadowrun, or do i have to switch the snes9x?

da relic

hell no. shadow run has been running good (55-60 FPS) on since the 15th UO release.

vangelis
February 1st, 2006, 13:25
I hope I'm posting this right but I'm really wondering if there is a problem if you run the game at 333mhz (since it's really laggy if you run it slower) or just the battery is consumed much faster?

I searched through the forums but I couldn't find anything relevant or I maybe didn't search enough.

omniosiris
February 1st, 2006, 15:58
theres nothing wrong with running the emu at 333mhz, all it'll do is drain your battery a bit faster