PDA

View Full Version : My psp forgets its firmware

colindecon
November 4th, 2007, 18:59
i was given a psp a while ago that was dead so i used a padora to give it life and yes it worked, and i can play with it iso's and all software, the problem im having it if i turn it off for more than a few hours it become bricked agian and i have to use the padora again,, i have no idea whats wrong??????? how can it forget its firmware???:confused::confused::confused:

-Xandu-
November 4th, 2007, 20:56
By "forget its firmware" you mean it's bricked? Try to Pandora downgrade to 1.50 and then update to 3.71 M33 on a clean install.

colindecon
November 4th, 2007, 22:16
ive done that and its still auto bricks 1.5 , 3.52 m33 and 3.71 m33:confused:

colindecon
November 5th, 2007, 06:29
er i think i know what it is :D :D i have 3 psp and i think i have the pandora battery in one i thought was broke, but i just realised u need the magic memory stick to name it load normaly, if i dont use the stick it just goes into enginer mode..

sorry dumb me

JPJunkie
November 5th, 2007, 17:06
Remember no talk of ISO's! That is of course, unless you don't want to get banned!

colindecon
November 5th, 2007, 17:43
whos talking about isos? whats that? im confussed ;)

Johnny Rash
November 5th, 2007, 17:46
No, that's no joke.

The DCEmu community doesn't take too kindly to iPirates.

thehumanidiot
November 5th, 2007, 22:29
i was given a psp a while ago that was dead so i used a padora to give it life and yes it worked, and i can play with it iso's and all software, the problem im having it if i turn it off for more than a few hours it become bricked agian and i have to use the padora again,, i have no idea whats wrong??????? how can it forget its firmware???:confused::confused::confused:

right there

Triv1um
November 5th, 2007, 22:44
Enough with the wannabe modding, can't you just help the guy?

Myself i got lost in the psp scene just when m33 came out. Im still on OE, lol. So I cant help.

thehumanidiot
November 5th, 2007, 22:50
im not being a wannabe mod and i did help him, he asked what he said about isos and i told him

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 10:37
im not asking about isos, im not asking about downloads locations how to install anything im just saying i can play them, my own legal backups. :D ;)

just because it says im a noob does not mean i am in the world console modding ive been modding since the snes

---------------------------------------------------
psp-1001 3.71-3
psp-1004 allways changing ;)

Pandora Rules

Johnny Rash
November 10th, 2007, 10:58
ISO talk is not allowed on DCEmu at all.
It's not about the actual ISO/CSO, it's more about the crime of pirating.

Rather a "wannabe" mod warning than an actual mod with the power to ban.

Wally
November 10th, 2007, 11:13
im not asking about isos, im not asking about downloads locations how to install anything im just saying i can play them, my own legal backups. :D ;)

just because it says im a noob does not mean i am in the world console modding ive been modding since the snes

Pandora Rules

Regardless ISO's are illegal no matter how you dump them.

The EULA clearly states one copy, and that copy is on the UMD.....

Don't start rambling, its not worth it

JPJunkie
November 10th, 2007, 13:20
We are helping the guy were stopping him from getting banned

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 15:22
calm down calm down. noone ever uses iso's noones knows what they are everyone who changes there firmware to a custom would never download and use and everyone here at dcemu are against piracy right?? :D ..................... i should say buracratic hipocritcal ball s**t but i wont ;)

from this moment forward i will never talk about something everybody does :D:D happy??

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 15:26
and one more thing if psp isos so bad why is there so much disscussion about playing ps1 on ur psp , surely that mean making backup/copy of a ps1 game ( thats an iso right?) because i dont think a cd fits into the umd drive do u? also programs like PSX2PSP encorage piracey and also umd dumping software its not like ur dumping umd's u have created is it?

some crap i dug up

Backup Copies

The backup copy rule embodied by section 117 is very limited in nature. It allows you to make one backup copy of a piece of software that you own for backup purposes only assuming you either transfer it with the original or destroy it if you transfer the original. Where this becomes more questionable is with console games, as they are "computer programs" but they aren't for use in a personal computer. I would tend to think that no court would penalize someone for making a backup copy of a console game, so long as it is purely for archival purposes.

An interesting issue is that section 117 only authorizes backup of a program, not music or video. In the context of a game, I tend to think that the elements are inseparable. However, that does mean the section doesn't technically allow you to archive your, say, iTunes files. This presents a further peculiarity, since Apple tells you (ad nausem) to backup your iTunes files. I doubt the RIAA will be knocking down anyone's door to stop this practice, but it does demonstrate as least one element of the copyright law that still lags behind reality.

can i sleep now im getting bored

Johnny Rash
November 10th, 2007, 20:13
Not everyone here uses ISOs.
As they know it directly hurts the creators of the games. (through piracy)
We here at DCEemu support gaming, as you should.

Also, those PS1 converters are meant to convert game you already own.
And the UMD dumpers are based because UMDs are crap. (and kill batteries)

I liked that little copy/paste job you did there, by the way.
So convenient to notice it's the only part of the post spelled correctly.
I also liked that there's no source.

I dump my games, yes.
Bad Johnny Rash!

But I bought them. I have receipts.

Bottom line is this.
ISO discussion on DCEmu is frowned upon.
And you want to know something else?
We're trying to keep you here no matter how much of a freeloading douche you are.

So...
Stop being an iPirate.
Only real pirates are cool.

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 21:06
the old bad spelling insult haha yeah i love it..

im only a part time pirate i buy my pc games its just the psp to me i dont really play the games i just like to get things working on it and tinkering then i will move on to something else,

As u can tell im bored at the moment because the wife is playing loco roco and depriving me of the love i need

if anyone wants to read the source its http://lawofthegame.blogspot.com/2007/07/copyright-2-electric-bugaloo.html

I love captain Jack Sparrow My fav Pirate :P

Johnny Rash
November 10th, 2007, 21:29
Why not buy all your games?

Help developers keep their jobs.

I'm a reformed iPirate as well.
You learn things about what you're hurting when you're a musician trying to sell digital media.

I might as well stop playing guitar. There's no money in it.

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 21:49
we are not all young rich musicians some of us have bills to pay, the last thing my parents paid for was my snes :P i buy what i can when i have spare cash. this month i brought crysis and halflife ep2

did u never use any snes/genisis/others emulators with ur psp?

Johnny Rash
November 10th, 2007, 22:01
I no rich musician.
I'm an 18 year old guitarist and pianist who has to do a free show today after a funeral.

I have more bills to pay than I have to because my dad felt it was right to mess my credit up for life.

And yes, I do use emulators for my PSP.
And even then, I have ROMs of games I own. Which is still mildly bad.
But I paid the developers at one point or another.

Only time I did download illegally is when I download a Banjo Kazooie ROM to test Daedalus.

Look, I'm not here to get on your case.
I was just notifying you before "The Banhammer" got to it.
It's not a matter of law or an individual's idea of what is right.
It's just a rule of the forum.

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 22:07
:rofl::thumbup:

i rest my case . good night:rolleyes:

Wally
November 10th, 2007, 22:50
Anyway back to teh topic,

Try reformatting your flash1, see how it goes.

colindecon
November 10th, 2007, 23:03
dont worrie i sorted it now. turns out it was because i have the pandora battery in psp no.2 and i did not relise when i take out my 4gb card it wont boot to firmware, so when i install psp no.2 it works fine i take out my card to use in my psp no.1 and when i go back to psp no.2 a few hours later it wont work so i kept taking out the battery and inserting the card thinking its bricked and reinstalling 3.71-2.. it made me laugh when i realise what i was doing, i must have done it at least 10 times.