PDA

View Full Version : A HUGE amount of Nesterj cheat codes!!!

J sims
July 15th, 2005, 05:20
:D This zip contains apox. 478 games and 5094 codes.
I can't take credit for compiling this myself, this came with the Nesterj for dreamcast a while back.I recommend "The real super mario Cheat" for Super Mario Bros 3 that i made myself.

ps-although the size of the attached ZIP is small, since the psp uses a FAT16 file system if you were to try and put all of these codes on your memory stick at once it would take up a little less than 150MBs due to the large number of files and folders. Hopefully one day the coder may implement file browsing of zip folders at a later date.

MSX
July 15th, 2005, 07:24
Thanks for the cheat compilation ;).

About your comment on the PSP using the FAT/FAT165 file system: you can use FAT32 if you'd like! First copy everything from your memory stick to a folder on your desktop, then double click My Computer. Make sure you aren't browsing the memory stick, and then right click on the PSP drive, then click format. On the drop down menu click FAT32 and then the ok button. Voila ;)!

PSP_Newbie
July 15th, 2005, 10:03
hmm, ive heard of this before, but can u completely confirm that this does not degrade, damage, or negate any of the memory sticks functions? cause that would be awsome! it would be faster, and u could actually do a defragmenting on it cause its FAT32

Jdemon
July 15th, 2005, 13:00
Many thanks for passing this on J sims :D do you mind if I upload this to my site...next time I update?

docman
July 15th, 2005, 17:02
How could fat32 possibly "degrade, damage, or negate any functions"? It's a file system. The only issue would be whether or not the PSP can read it, and obviouslty it can.

PSP_Newbie
July 16th, 2005, 10:16
well, if the psp cant read the mem stick, i think that would count as something that "degrades, damages or nagates any functions"^^ anyways, thnx a bunch, if it works thats awsome :D

ataribob
July 16th, 2005, 17:39
A Nice cheat for game genie codes .
Use the old Pocketnes rom builder.

Apply all the game genie codes to all the nes games as you make them for the GBA.

Then use Pocket Nes Rom Splitter.

The Game genie codes stay in the nes games .
Just load them up with nesterj and your all set.

Bloodsack
July 16th, 2005, 23:32
:D This zip contains apox. 478 games and 5094 codes.
I can't take credit for compiling this myself, this came with the Nesterj for dreamcast a while back.I recommend "The real super mario Cheat" for Super Mario Bros 3 that i made myself.

ps-although the size of the attached ZIP is small, since the psp uses a FAT16 file system if you were to try and put all of these codes on your memory stick at once it would take up a little less than 150MBs due to the large number of files and folders. Hopefully one day the coder may implement file browsing of zip folders at a later date.

Cool thanks....I was doing my own codes,but this is much easier:)

Thanks;)

Zephyroth_drgs
July 17th, 2005, 23:51
psp dont read fat 32 ?

Spartan1101
January 16th, 2006, 08:13
Hello, I was using pocketnes for GBA before I got my PSP. Finaly good to see full screen. Anyways I have gotten extremely good at finding codes on the cheatfinder. I need to convert them to gamegenie and I dont know how. the codes are like this

0000:00

I found how to get unlimited health for DarkWing duck for NES. I found them to be 4 separate codes instead of one. So if anyone has an Idea on how to simply change them Ill be glad to handle code requests, until I get sick of doing them

flamingwolf
January 16th, 2006, 14:46
@j sims: nice list. what does 'the real super mario cheat' do?
@zephyeoth_drgs: the psp does read fat32, but it will only read fat32 up to 4gb, if you have anything higher, the psp will only see it as 4gb and only the first 4gb of files on it will work on the psp, i tried it b4.

kingyo hanabi
September 20th, 2008, 07:14
the file is damaged and i cant unzip it

Mr. Great ape
November 15th, 2008, 16:01
What does the "yo" and "di" mean in Super Mario Bros. 3 cheats? Like "RACCOON_MARIO_WHEN_YOU_DI.GENIE"

NoQuarter
November 15th, 2008, 19:30
I think that is short for "when you die"

Harakiristk
November 16th, 2008, 05:30
Correct. The game genie booklet had codes for "start and stay as (insert type of suit here)", "take damage and become (suit), and "Become (suit) when you die". I <3 the start and stay as codes, except unless you hold up in front of bowser's door when you kill him, the game freezes.

Sonicdude1995
November 16th, 2008, 14:24
that file is damage, u have 2 change it!

Yagami08chibi
May 30th, 2010, 05:00
good work man really congratulations greetings from mexico!!!

fracrat22
December 17th, 2010, 04:48
will the gamegenie files work on nesterj 1.12 and how do i add them to the game

omarrrio
March 29th, 2011, 02:04
where is the file man ?

oldskoolcool
June 4th, 2018, 02:25
Where is the zip? Anyone mind pointing me to the download? Thanks.

VampDude
June 4th, 2018, 23:07
Where is the zip? Anyone mind pointing me to the download? Thanks.

The OP never uploaded the file to begin with, which with newer builds of Nester J, the functions of cheating actually got easier.

Basically, you make a folder named CHEATS inside the emulator folder, where you'd see the folder full of your game files. Then you go into the folder named CHEATS and make a .txt file with the exact name of the game you're requiring to apply codes. You can get the codes from a few locations.

The one I frequent, is on Ethereal Games (https://etherealgames.com/game-genie-code-index/nintendo-nes/) because it's easy to just copy and paste from their tidy listings.