PDA

View Full Version : MAME and other emulators on wii

nuvalo
November 7th, 2007, 16:16
Hello
I was working with the wii and the gc-linux project, and i found a way to play MAME and some other emulators (VisualBoyAdvanced,snes9x, gngeo,scummvm....) under wii, without the needs of a BBA adapter. If you are interested, here is a tutorial about how to run the emulators. It runs the Advanced Mame port, and a direct compilation of the VBA project for linux.

The idea is to have an installation of gc-linux on the SD, with an ext2 partition (as if it were a PC-Harddisc), were you put the gc-linux files with the emulator. It works well with small roms (cps1 or roms smaller than 7MB), but with bigger roms it lags a little, depending on the size.

I posted the tutorial here:
http://www.nacionarcade.net/tutorial-ejecutar-mame-y-otros-emuladores-en-wiigamecube-bajo-gc-linux-590/
Sorry, but it is in spanish. If you need i can make an english translation, but i dont have too much time.

troom
November 7th, 2007, 22:32
please please english translation thank you

nuvalo
November 8th, 2007, 11:48
Ok, i will do the translation. It will take a little bit of time, but if you have some questions you can ask on the forums of that page.

nuvalo
November 8th, 2007, 13:19
I uploaded an english version. It is a quik traduction, so if you dont understand it, you can ask on the forums.