PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixels..?

kash
July 15th, 2005, 23:24
I have a couple dead pixels on my PSP and I was thinking about exchanging it for another but then again I don't want to end up with a 1.51 PSP. If I decide not to return it will these dead pixels harm the psp in the long run or not affect it all?

Terry01234
July 15th, 2005, 23:28
whats a 1.51psp?

kash
July 15th, 2005, 23:42
The firmware version

Terry01234
July 15th, 2005, 23:47
what does that mean?

Trips411911
July 15th, 2005, 23:51
i would say places like a Walmart that is in a smaller town or target should still have the 1.50 PSPs. Walmart is lax with return policy so you may be able to go back for another (even your old one) if you get it home and it's the new firmware. what i did when i had to return it was actually open the box at the courtsy counter and pop in the charged battery to check. they had no problem with it. even if you bought it from somewhere else you can still go to walmart. no receipt needed.

If you go to gamestop or EB they would be more likely to have the newest firmware. Check and see when the 1.51 release came out then make your decision. tough call.

Zeno
July 16th, 2005, 07:13
No, dead pixels are not an error/issue/abnormality. They are common with LCDs, and as it states in the warranty it is normal. The only reason you don't notice dead pixels on other items is because the screen is much larger. They will not "spread" nor cause future issues.

leggy
July 16th, 2005, 20:50
Lot's of chat about the dead pixel issue on all of the PSP boards.

OP - if it is bad and puts you off using it I would go back to your supplier and demand another one.

Ignore all this bollox about it being allowed to have dead pixels - it is supposed to be sold fit for the purpose it was designed for.

Velo
July 17th, 2005, 00:06
http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewsdownload&sid=17

I believe they have a dead pixel fixer there, I don't know if it works but it says it worked 60% of the time. Btw, I hold no responsibility if it skrews up your PSP.

I believe its a video that you play for an hour or so. Besides, thats a great place for PSP utilities anyways.

I hope this helps,
James,"Velo"

kash
July 17th, 2005, 06:28
Thanks for the help you guys and thanks for that link Velo, I'm gonna try that program out but I have 2 white pixels on my psp are they dead or stuck?

PSP_Newbie
July 17th, 2005, 09:11
u could also try getting a used psp from gamestop, etc

leggy
July 17th, 2005, 10:48
http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewsdownload&sid=17

I believe they have a dead pixel fixer there, I don't know if it works but it says it worked 60% of the time. Btw, I hold no responsibility if it skrews up your PSP.

I believe its a video that you play for an hour or so. Besides, thats a great place for PSP utilities anyways.

I hope this helps,
James,"Velo"

It won't fix dead pixels but may help when you have stuck pixels. It seems to work on some peoples PSP's but not others.

Jdemon
July 17th, 2005, 12:49
Well, I guess I might as well give this one a shot. But the other one didn't do crap.

What the heck is suppose to be the difference between a "stuck" pixel and a "dead" pixel?

Velo
July 17th, 2005, 20:46
Dead means, that it is black and pretty much not there.

Stuck means, the pixel works, but remains the same color(red,green,blue,.ect)

"
Originally Posted by Velo
http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.ph...download&sid=17

I hope this helps,
James,"Velo""

Yeah, I kinda messed up on that, sorry.

-James

Velo
July 17th, 2005, 20:48
Wait, white pixels eh? That might work then.

Kpow
July 18th, 2005, 09:48
Dead means, that it is black and pretty much not there.

Stuck means, the pixel works, but remains the same color(red,green,blue,.ect)

"
Originally Posted by Velo
http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.ph...download&sid=17

-James

If it's dead it's dead right?!?!?!?!?! how can it be fixed??? i thought the fixer was only for stuck pixels.

Wait, hang on i have an idea for fixing dead pixel......do a bit of CPR and get out the paddles.....CLEAR....boooooom