PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading psp slim 3.60

Gene
November 8th, 2007, 07:33
SO I just bought a brand-spankin-new silver psp, and I've been hangin out with the psp scene for 2 years? but I need a bit of help trying to downgrade the slim. Yes I have a original psp with 3.52m33 so no issues there. I just need a bit of help with the Pandora and getting 3.71 or whatever newest custom firmware is out.

Please help me out I don't know jack about Pandora stuff. I'm sure you guys get a bunch of people asking for help on this particular subject but all I need is a link to a tutorial, or something that looks a bit like one. but if you want you can just teach me a little sum sum about it. Hell yeah.

unpure
November 9th, 2007, 22:00
Well for pandora you need a homebrewaficated PSP.
Then you can get a pandora easy-installer (http://dl.qj.net/Pandora-s-Box-Easier-Installer-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/14414/catid/193).
Then just follow the instructions. :)

Gene
November 10th, 2007, 02:03
Well for pandora you need a homebrewaficated PSP.
Then you can get a pandora easy-installer (http://dl.qj.net/Pandora-s-Box-Easier-Installer-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/14414/catid/193).
Then just follow the instructions. :)

Thanks for your help! I'm now on 3.60m33, running homebrew, psx games, and my (legally owned) emu's.

Now I heard there is a new custom firmware? 3.71? Is it safe? Should I install it? And if I do, what patch should I install?

roborapist
November 10th, 2007, 07:05
im having a problem here. i used the pandora easy installer and now whenever i try to use this battery in the psp it just shows a black screen. i made the pandora battery in my fat psp but im wanting to use it in a slim psp. if i boot up the psp with a wall charger and than place the battery in it will run but it will not do anything from a plain boot. is my battery bricked? or am i just not doing something right?

Cloudhunter
November 10th, 2007, 07:25
im having a problem here. i used the pandora easy installer and now whenever i try to use this battery in the psp it just shows a black screen. i made the pandora battery in my fat psp but im wanting to use it in a slim psp. if i boot up the psp with a wall charger and than place the battery in it will run but it will not do anything from a plain boot. is my battery bricked? or am i just not doing something right?

Remember to set the memory stick up properly. I think that's the problem.

The battery is pandorafied, so the battery is fine.

Cloudy

Gene
November 10th, 2007, 19:13
the slim doesn't support the menu but if you press X the memstick will homebrewafy your slim, that is, if you properly made your memstick.

weber161
November 15th, 2007, 19:31
the slim doesn't support the menu but if you press X the memstick will homebrewafy your slim, that is, if you properly made your memstick.

I properly made my memstick and battery and I get the same Black screen as the posted above on my Slim and when I press x like you said, it sits for about 20 seconds and turns its self off. Any further advice?

weber161
November 15th, 2007, 20:16
I created the memstick and battery perfectly. When I put them in my phat PSP the Downgrade menu pops up perfectly. BUT when I put those same things in my slim the psp turns off after about 25 seconds. Tried pressing x and the orange light never comes on. Any ideas?

Gene
November 16th, 2007, 07:32
Did you install the memory stick slim downgrade patch for Pandora's memory stick? That may be your problem.

weber161
November 16th, 2007, 17:02
Did you install the memory stick slim downgrade patch for Pandora's memory stick? That may be your problem.

Thanks for trying to help. I went about my Downgrade another way and it worked perfectly. But thanks again for the help.

zentsing
December 3rd, 2007, 03:49
i have a psp slim 3.60...what will i do to downgrade it..thanks

zentsing
December 3rd, 2007, 04:15
i have a psp slim 3.60...what will i do to downgrade it..thanks

fundash26
December 3rd, 2007, 19:59
use pandoras batt(you need a homebrew psp to do thisand must have a fat battery,slim batt is different and wont work)if you don't have another fat psp,GET ONE or ask a friend for theirs.

sgm1986
December 4th, 2007, 01:24
Thanks for your help! I'm now on 3.60m33, running homebrew, psx games, and my (legally owned) emu's.

Now I heard there is a new custom firmware? 3.71? Is it safe? Should I install it? And if I do, what patch should I install?

hey gene! i got my psp slim last week on 3.60 awell!
just upgraded to 3.72 but now its 3.73, used pandoras battery to jump straight to 3.71 M33-2
its running evrythin i want! even flashing themes and gameboots n cintros, and homebrew, emulators! so id say its pretty safe but im a noobz so make sure! =]

creea
March 1st, 2008, 10:12

And where may i get that patch?
?