PDA

View Full Version : An idea I have for a game... Any devs please check this out.

BlingShyne2 TAA
July 16th, 2005, 04:48
I know I might not have alot of posts, but I seriously have a good idea, and i have no idea why it hasn't been developed yet.

Alright, I have an idea for a Lumines type game, It would have the exact same puzzle formula as Lumines, maybe a little more primitive, but heres the good part:

The ability to play your own music, your own backgrounds, and maybe in the future, the ability to use .wav files to make your own sound effects and also use your own icons to make the blocks and/or special effects.

If any devvers are up to this, I would gladly support this.

I'd download this and I know a ton of other people would, any coders please give me some feedback.

I'm not sure if this has been thought of yet, but I would kill someone to play a game like this.

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 05:13
I've already posted the source code lumines and this could totally be done you just need to find someone willing to work on it.

Žeddragon
July 16th, 2005, 07:34
snes Rom, hack it, done. *goes into a pit of fire*

Herbster
July 16th, 2005, 13:28
snes Rom, hack it, done. *goes into a pit of fire*

That's some hack man, let us know when you've done it.

Eric
July 16th, 2005, 14:01
Is the source code in C,C++ or OpenGL. C is the most easiest language that the coders of the DC scene love to work on. C++ is a little more difficult but with some work there is a surely great made port from it. OpenGL is the most difficult right now making any port from that language isnt a must and most coders will say no if you ask and thats cause the Homebrew Development kit doesnt have OpenGL developed in full yet and if it does there is probably a lot of bugs.

Eric

BlingShyne2 TAA
July 16th, 2005, 15:40
I mean, I'd play Pac-man or Tetris as long as I could play my own music or change the backgrounds.

Because I find my music file just seems to take up space, even though I love every song inside of it, I just don't see myself using my PSP as an Mp3 players. :(

tidusuk123
July 16th, 2005, 21:15
And there was me thinking it might be a good idea. That wouldn't be such as special idea imo.

What about a simulation game where you take lots of different lessons driving a car in streets and have different scenarios and then take a test to pass. And have many other vehicles like planes, trains, buses, bikes etc... and the main aim is to pass each test. Obviously the game will have to be much harder than it sounds and feel very real! imagine learning how to fly a helicopter!

And if you run someone over then you get the cops chasing you!! Ha ha!

Now that's a game. This is copyrighted!!!!!!!!

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 22:37
You know authors arent sitting around taking request. They hardly ever do. Topics like these are next to pointless. The only way you get your projects done is knowing the authors. I've had about 4 special things made just because I knew some coders.

BlingShyne2 TAA
July 17th, 2005, 04:26
Well I mean, it's not like I'm saying "hey, make dis shootin game with these powerups bcuz it would be cool".

I mean, this is a good idea and something alot of people will enjoy, and I'm sure it's been thought of by hundreds of people.

Any game with the ability to play your own MP3s would be fine, anyone can pick up on this and not give me any credit whatsoever. I don't care.