PDA

View Full Version : uo_Snes9x 0.02pd1 (Snes Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
July 16th, 2005, 08:28
<a href="http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2660" target="_blank" >Andon</a> has now started to go alone in his quest for the best PSP Snes emulator, heres the info from this release:

<BLOCKQUOTE>uo_Snes9x 0.02pd1
-----------------

This is the first version of the PSP Dev. unofficial Snes9x PSP port... It is based off of uo_Snes9x 0.02y11J3a5.

-*- To Open The Menu: (Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Select) -*-

Most importantly in this release, a new bit blit backend has been added. This new backend allows the viewport to be stretched without any performance hit, and also allows for extremely fast bilinear filtering and HiRes mode.

The new bit blit backend is enabled by default, if for some reason you want to use the old backend (pg), you may select it from the display config menu.

Bilinear filtering is available (and enabled by default) if you're using the sceGu bit blit backend. Do not worry, enabling this has no impact on performance at all - it is merely an asthetic preference.

The 'Fit' screen size becomes '4:3' (and is the new default) when using the sceGu bit blit backend. Again, when using the sceGu bit blit backend, changing
the screen size will not impact performance.

HiRes mode is not suggested, very few games use this feature... The ones that do typically only use it for short periods of time during gameplay, like the title
screen. If you don't know what this is, you probably don't need to enable it.

The battery info text has been translated to English, the confirmation dialogs will be translated in 0.02pd2.

Compressing or Decompressing an existing state save will no longer change its timestamp.

See the included CHANGELOG.txt file for any additional changes... Note that most of the info in there is pretty technical. </BLOCKQUOTE>

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/uosnes9x002pd.shtml

RedKing14CA
July 16th, 2005, 08:46
anyreasons why i should d/l this instead of snes_uo y29?

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 16:10
Its new filtering options are better than 29 but 29 still has a lil more speed. I cant seem this surpassing y's ports if it keeps up. Plus its already set default speeds to be faster.

Onetonbullet
July 16th, 2005, 16:31
says invalid pbp file

wraggster
July 16th, 2005, 16:40
worked for me on v1.0

CannedSoup
July 16th, 2005, 16:43
worked for me on 1.5

Its menu setup is kinda cool because its more orginized than Y's port. However it still not as fast. This guy should completly redo the menu as that looks like the direction he's going.

Onetonbullet
July 16th, 2005, 17:45
OK Updated SEIPSPTOOL...
Would not work with .03, works fine with .05

rock_light
July 17th, 2005, 14:28
Hmmm can't seem to find any files w/ the gui. No games to load...
wtf v29 is out?

PSP_Newbie
July 18th, 2005, 00:26
well, this uo snes emulator is made by Andon, while the one thats at v28, or v29 not sure, is made by Y, two different people

Bloodsack
July 18th, 2005, 00:30
well, this uo snes emulator is made by Andon, while the one thats at v28, or v29 not sure, is made by Y, two different people

28:)