PDA

View Full Version : IRDA Capture Program

wraggster
July 16th, 2005, 10:28
<a href="http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2568" target="_blank" >APSD</a> has posted this rather cool news:

<BLOCKQUOTE>PSP IrDA Capture v1.0
Vanya Sergeev <[email protected]>
----------------------------------

This is a simple program to capture raw data from
the IrDA port and write it both to a file (currently
preset to ms0:/irdacapture) and to the screen.

Thanks to Arwin for the idea/suggestion of the program.

The source is included.

I take no responsibility for any damages or problems caused to your PSP by the use of this program. Use at your own risk.</BLOCKQUOTE>

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/irdacaptureprogram.shtml

RedKing14CA
July 16th, 2005, 10:52
so it red thr infared port ting and puts the info on the screen??? interesting, whats the point?

worldspawn
July 16th, 2005, 21:18
Eventually you could use your psp as a remote for your tv... garage door opener.. etc.

jxx2005
August 11th, 2007, 07:54
thats what i want
seriously
i often loose my remotes (i tend to pick a channel and throw the remote accross the room because i think i dont need it after that)
so if my psp could control my TV and VCR and ..maybe even PS2 dvd features then that would be so awesome
someone quick.
home brew this idea into existance!

jk
you dont have to
but still its a cool idea

ICE
August 11th, 2007, 08:33
so someone could make a program that reads the remote commands and copies them!?!?!?!

Prasoc
August 12th, 2007, 02:11
yayayay i can use this to find out the signal for my rc helicopter and use a psp with it woot!

Codaz
August 12th, 2007, 03:45
If this proggie could be extended to LEARN IR codes for psp that would be wonderful !

apfel
August 12th, 2007, 15:18
Is it possible to convert raw to rdf?

Prasoc
August 12th, 2007, 15:19
it comes back as random strings of letters and stuff, and I dnt know what they mean :(

sasaa
August 28th, 2007, 23:37
anny progress ??? i wish i could code some program :D

but is there a way to convert RAM IRDA files/text to commands that can be added to a *.rdf because then we could use it in ir shell 3.6*

hope someone can fix this for me / us
because i have made a robot controlled by a irda remote (made it at ict class) but the remote is kind of @$%^@!-up :-(

so maybe i could use my psp to record them from my irda reciever/sender (PC) and then use them in PSP IR shell :D

usp8riot
August 29th, 2007, 14:58
So let me get this straight, this picks up signals from other devices and I can use the PSP to spoof the receiving device into thinking it's the original? Hmmmm, think of all the garage door openers, car alarms, car alarms and such you could have fun with if you could use this data effectively.

Problem is, I don't have a clue how to interpret what's being captured into a usable method. So what is the use of this if we have no means to interpret the data and from what it looks like, it doesn't seem to save it to the mc.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read over the readme too fast. It does save it in the top directory of the mc. Opened it with a hex editor

Ok, so I opened the file with a hex editor. So all we need is a program to take that same data and transparently spit it back out at the receiver. It doesn't seem all that hard to do but then again, I'm not a coder. Apparently I'm missing something. Maybe the signal's are encrypted. I got some googling to do obviously.

dangee
August 29th, 2007, 16:12
for unidirectional Irda without any time dependency
involved the program is as simple as you describe.
eg You can capture & replay input from most IR keyboards,
or TV remotes quite easily.
But, have a read thru the recent Lua IR thread
in this forum, where i tried with Prasoc to get an IR
helicopter airborne using the capture prog. It seems that
the codes for takeoff were changing at each capture, making
a simple replay prog ineffective.

usp8riot
August 29th, 2007, 18:58
Ok, been reading for a couple hours about this. I've not found an app yet for the psp that will describe as you said, 'capture and replay input'. I've heard of an ir learner but after googling, I don't guess one exists for PSP.

I'd be happy just getting my TV turned with the psp. I haven't seen any rdf's but I don't really care. I'd rather go about this the hard way, as in, studying the IR technologies and applying them to this so I learn more.

Is there an app already coded that will relay my ir remote's data to the tv? I'd be sort of interested in doing this myself since Lua's involved and I hear it's not too bad to learn compared to other languages but if there is an app already made for this, then it just defies the point of making another.

dangee
August 29th, 2007, 19:48
dont know of any off-the-shelf homebrew that does irda
replay from a file, but you can use the capture file from the prog
at the start of this thread in a Lua app. The replay Script is
very straightforward, probbly no more than 10 lines of code,
so itd make a decent Lua project#1 .. & I'm sure theres
others thatd find it useful, & Lua coders around here to help
get it working (I know of at least one..)

IndianCheese
August 30th, 2007, 05:05
HEY! Who revived the crusty, 2-year-old thread?

dangee
August 30th, 2007, 11:18
HEY! Who revived the crusty, 2-year-old thread?

A crusty 2-year-old ?

sasaa
August 31st, 2007, 22:56
??? i don't know LUA so :(
thats the problem
maybe i should learn

IndianCheese
September 6th, 2007, 06:33
A crusty 2-year-old ?

I had to laugh at that.

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 07:34
Interesting, we still can't learn IR signals from other devices, can't we?

Codaz
September 9th, 2007, 04:14
Nope, we should develop such a program. Only, the skills aren't there to make it.

Maybe a port of a PDA program ?

They CAN capture IrDA signals and make a tv remote of it to copy to an universal remote.

dangee
September 9th, 2007, 18:42
Nope, we should develop such a program. Only, the skills aren't there to make it.
I believe theres easily a hi enough skill level among this
forums users to make the prog.
maybe whats lacking is a willingness to make the attempt
coz of previous phails.
* 3 thngs :
1>think the PSP has irda 1.0 , but not sure.
2> avoid any capture being fragmented between the PSP and the original receiving device
3> clear to send signals from the receiver may be involved.