PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

wraggster
November 9th, 2007, 23:50
New from Play Asia

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/5t/pa.104750.1.jpg

features
Families can commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope by playing through the events of all six movies in one videogame for the first time ever.
DS version has been built from the ground up by noted developer Traveller's Tales to optimize touch-screen gameplay.
Solve puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.

description
Building on the success of both LEGO Star Wars "block-buster" videogames, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-ba-49-en-84-j-70-28tq.html

wiggy fuzz
November 10th, 2007, 08:09
playing it. they've cut far too much from the official movie series, and changed the cut scenes to practically still images

gameplay is awesome, though

Peronthious
November 10th, 2007, 14:22
Yea, the cutscenes definitely could be better. It's definitely an improvement over Lego Star Wars' last outing on the DS, and packs an insane amount of gameplay into a cartridge. The touch-screen force controls do feel a tad gimmicky, though.

wiggy fuzz
November 10th, 2007, 19:01
i found out you can use the A button for the force. which is brilliant

spinal_cord
November 10th, 2007, 20:30
How can you guys play 3D games with a D-pad? I don't understand, games that are set in 3D space require analog controls, you have at max 8 directions with the D-pad making the game awkward, you can't move in the direction you need/want to.

Homerun
November 10th, 2007, 23:31
How can you guys play 3D games with a D-pad? I don't understand, games that are set in 3D space require analog controls, you have at max 8 directions with the D-pad making the game awkward, you can't move in the direction you need/want to.You Press Two DOwn at once...

spinal_cord
November 11th, 2007, 13:30
You Press Two DOwn at once...

like I said, only 8 directions up,down,left,right, up left, up right, down left, down right. you can not run round something, you have to run, erm... square it.

wiggy fuzz
November 11th, 2007, 13:43
so?

i don't mind using the d-pad, and the fixed camera setup helps a bit, unlike mario 64 ds where you'd move forward and slowly turn to one side when the camera decides to move to the left

sukhi-2006
November 12th, 2007, 03:03
I've never had any problem with d-pad on ds it's really easy to play 8 directional the best way of doing it is you want to move to medium right place the finger in the middle top to right and move it forward, ds has the best d-pad of any system it's really flexible.

spinal_cord
November 12th, 2007, 10:36
Perhaps I'm the only one who things 45° is far too big an angle to use in a 3d game.

oh well.

wiggy fuzz
November 13th, 2007, 08:24
yes, you are :D

i see what you mean, though, SM64DS with the d-pad hurt. but considering the alternative (using teh touch screen) which was horrid, i'dve sticked with the d-pad

phantom hourglass pwned in terms of control, though, i don't know why but it did the touch screen controls far better than animal crossings