PDA

View Full Version : Help fixing Memory stick after finished using Pandora's Battery?

dwalk51
November 10th, 2007, 15:15
I made a pandora's battery and magic M.S. on my 1.50 PSP phat and used them to put 3.60 M33 on my PSP slim. I converted the M.S. and battery back to normal but a few days later my MS started not showing up in the XMB. The M.S. light was flashing like it was when it was a magic one.
I formatted it on my PSP and then on the computer, and it was fine, but the next day (today) I wake up to the M.S. flashing light again.
What do I need to do? How can I fix it so that everything is back to normal?

steve520
November 10th, 2007, 18:40
ahh you know i think i had a similar it starts flashing in the xmb and doesnt show up yeah if you got a usb flash drive pop it in on your computer and format it. go to my computer then where it says removable disk and right click it scroll up to format it formats the entire memorystick and then pop it in and it should work. thats what i did for mine.

dwalk51
November 10th, 2007, 22:32
USB flash drive?
You mean like a memory card reader?

dwalk51
November 10th, 2007, 22:42
I think it's totally fried.
I can't get it to show up in the XMB or on my computer through my PSP or on my computer through a memory card reader.
This really sucks dick. I have to buy a new memory stick.

Wally
November 10th, 2007, 22:45
is it a fake or genuine Memory stick?

If its a fake then, screw it get a GENUINE one.

dwalk51
November 11th, 2007, 14:17
I'm pretty sure its genuine, but just a piece of shit.
I'm just gonna have to order a new one.
It's like it can't read it's own partition.

Skud316
November 13th, 2007, 03:21
Having the same problem with the PSP i used to make the Pandora's battery/stick. I was downgrading a friends PSP, and now my memory stick light sometimes just flashes and doesnt do anything. Gotta take it in and out, and itll eventually stop blinking and actually look like its working. Lately ive had to lick the contacts on the card, and that usually gets it working quick, because otherwise, all i get is blinking.

Also, making this problem more annoying, this is a brand new 4GB card, bought AFTER the whole Pandora fiasco.

Also, to downgrade my friends PSP, i needed to downgrade my own PSP as i was running 3.71 M33 and it wasnt letting me run any of the Pandora maker homebrew. Downgraded to 1.5 then back up to 3.52 M33 again using the Recovery menu.

Had entirely no problem until the past few days or so, so not really sure what the problem is, but seems to be related somewhat to the Pandora fiasco.

Also note, neither the pandora battery nor Pandora MS are in my PSP. Battery was my friends, memory stick was my old one.

Apologize for the long post. Just had to add my own story because im hoping i can either fix it, or someone else can give some good advice

ab9003
November 13th, 2007, 16:32
Hey I have had this problem before and I dont think its related to pandora. Try this:

Turn on your PSP with memory stick in.
Open up the memory stick door and push the memory stick out.
Stick it back in but hold it while its pushed in there for about 10 seconds until the orange light stops flashing
Let it go so its in the system snug and see if the memory stick shows up on the XMB again.

This works for me but if your memory stick really is a piece of junk it might not, but its worth a try.

Mr. Greed
November 16th, 2007, 05:07
same thing happened to me and boy was i PISSED. :mad:
thing can't be a coincidence right?

i put the Pandora files on my mem stick and put them on my friends psp so i can Downgrade his but the mem stick light starts flashing and doesn't stop flashing.
i think it died.
THANK GOODNESS I BACKED THE FILES INTO MY PC BEFORE formating it for Pandora
good thing it was the 1gb one and not my 2gb.

Skud316
November 20th, 2007, 02:09
But see, the thing is (for me at least) that im using a memory card i bought AFTER doing the whole Pandora Battery/downgrade. Not only did i not use it for the downgrade, didnt even have it yet. Its a brand new Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 4GB, and yet i still have the flashing problem. I recently cleaned the contacts on my card with alcohol and that seems to have fixed the problem, but i dont know how long itll last. Well see, its been about half an hour with no blinking, so far so good

dwalk51
November 20th, 2007, 19:16
Having the same problem with the PSP i used to make the Pandora's battery/stick. I was downgrading a friends PSP, and now my memory stick light sometimes just flashes and doesnt do anything. Gotta take it in and out, and itll eventually stop blinking and actually look like its working. Lately ive had to lick the contacts on the card, and that usually gets it working quick, because otherwise, all i get is blinking.

Also, making this problem more annoying, this is a brand new 4GB card, bought AFTER the whole Pandora fiasco.

Also, to downgrade my friends PSP, i needed to downgrade my own PSP as i was running 3.71 M33 and it wasnt letting me run any of the Pandora maker homebrew. Downgraded to 1.5 then back up to 3.52 M33 again using the Recovery menu.

Had entirely no problem until the past few days or so, so not really sure what the problem is, but seems to be related somewhat to the Pandora fiasco.

Also note, neither the pandora battery nor Pandora MS are in my PSP. Battery was my friends, memory stick was my old one.

Apologize for the long post. Just had to add my own story because im hoping i can either fix it, or someone else can give some good advice
Oh man, that sucks. I went ahead and returned mine and they are checking it right now for defectiveness (which they will find) and then they will ship me my new 1gb memory card. In the meantime I got a new 1gb memory card to hold me over, and it has held up well.

Hey I have had this problem before and I dont think its related to pandora. Try this:

Turn on your PSP with memory stick in.
Open up the memory stick door and push the memory stick out.
Stick it back in but hold it while its pushed in there for about 10 seconds until the orange light stops flashing
Let it go so its in the system snug and see if the memory stick shows up on the XMB again.

This works for me but if your memory stick really is a piece of junk it might not, but its worth a try.
Yeah, I tried that and much more when trying to get it working again but nothing worked, thanks for the idea though!

same thing happened to me and boy was i PISSED. :mad:
thing can't be a coincidence right?

i put the Pandora files on my mem stick and put them on my friends psp so i can Downgrade his but the mem stick light starts flashing and doesn't stop flashing.
i think it died.
THANK GOODNESS I BACKED THE FILES INTO MY PC BEFORE formating it for Pandora
good thing it was the 1gb one and not my 2gb.
Yep. It's no coincidence. Sony is making defective memory sticks. Lets make sure to add it to the list of their failures along with the PS3... I kid I kid! But I would recommend returning it because the things say they have a 5 year warranty, so it can't hurt