PDA

View Full Version : Slot-2 help

campbell00
November 12th, 2007, 00:46
Okay, so I bought an m3 simply, and LOVE it, but I decided that I want to further expand my homebrew possibilities. Can anyone tell me what to buy in order to run GBA games and homebrew, and have ram expansion? Thanks.

SSaxdude
November 12th, 2007, 01:19
I own a M3 SD version. There are many slot 2 cards out there. M3 cards are more expensive but are known to have the best GBA compatibility out there. If you buy a slot 2 M3 or Supercard, you might need to buy a Passcard or Passkey thingy. Since you already own a M3 card, you'll know that it's pretty easy to put DS games/homebrew on it. It's basically as easy to put GBA stuff on a slot 2 card (at least in my experience.)

Tikker
November 12th, 2007, 01:20
either a m3 lite perfect, or an ez flash 3-1

I prefer the m3 lite. lets you add a 2nd flash card for more storage, and I prefer the Extend Media player to the moonshell one

the ezflash 3-1 is dirt cheap tho, and works pretty well

i find it's a lot more fiddly than the m3 tho

campbell00
November 12th, 2007, 01:35
does it have ram expansion capabilities? Oh, I also DO NOT have a lite, so i cant buy the m3 lite

Tikker
November 12th, 2007, 04:59
most of the places that sell the m3 lite, it also comes with a GBA size cart you can swap it into, so not a big deal

and it has twice the ram of the EZ flash 3-1 (32 mb vs 16mb)

the one thing the ez flash has that the m3 doesn't is rumble

that being said, not many games are coded to use it properly, and it's not that great on the ones that do use it (this is my opinion only tho)