PDA

View Full Version : Check Mii Out Channel Released!

CoinCollector
November 12th, 2007, 02:57
Today, Nintendo notified Wii users of their newest downloadable channel, the Check Mii Out Channel, via WiiMail. The Check Mii Out Channel, now downloadable for free through the Wii Shop Channel, is where users can upload their Miis into a public plaza to be downloaded by others, or enter them in various contests. Here is the full WiiMail message sent out by Nintendo:

Nintendo would like to announce the launch of the new Check Mii Out Channel, which is now available as a free download in the WiiWare section of the Wii Shop Channel. The Check Mii Out Channel will allow you to show the Miis you create to other people and to view the Miis created by other users around the world. You'll also have opportunities to create Miis based on unique themes and submit them as part of a contest or even help judge Miis to find the winners.

Before downloading the Check Mii Out Channel, you may want to update your system to the newest version available. To do so, select the "Update" button in the lower-right corner of the screen.

**If you've updated your system on or after October 10, you may not need to perform this update again.

~Nintendo~

ICE
November 12th, 2007, 04:06
And once again im here with a video!!!

HYKHBLYoQKE

CoinCollector
November 12th, 2007, 04:51
This is my favorite channel by far! I'm not really into Miis; I have never enjoyed making them and I've never understood why everyone loves them so much. Because of this, though, I'm starting to be interested in them! It's just so incredible; an online Mii community.

TheFoil
November 12th, 2007, 14:36
Hey, so does this mean a firmware update is required? I'm still on 2.2E.

mcdougall57
November 12th, 2007, 17:33
yes a firmware update is required, this is my favorite channel i love the idea of the competitions

CoinCollector
November 12th, 2007, 17:35
It said you need to have updated on or after October 10, so I believe you need at least 3.0 to get it.

abeisgreat
November 12th, 2007, 18:16
In order to use Check Mii Out you need Firmware 3.0 or newer