PDA

View Full Version : non-booting psp help !!

Netguru
November 12th, 2007, 18:10
Hi to all in these helpful forums. I am a nub to psp firmware changes, so please bear w/ me. My 14-yr old son was trying to mod his psp 3 months ago using a procedure he of course does not remember the name of and now it has nothing but a blank screen at start-up :( . I have read and downloaded the pandora procedure but have no working psp to get files from . We have a 1gig memory stick duo. Is it possible to resurrect this dead psp? The instructions all list using the usb connection to the psp, but I get nothing on psp screen to work with. Any help will be muchly appreciated.

thnx- <>-
old school dos6.1 man
3 comps on home linksys network
winxp, 98se, 95, 3.1, MAC, and Linux systems available- dsl to wan thru lan

Saracchini
November 12th, 2007, 18:16
If you look in the internet you can find programs like Pandora Box and others which can create the "Magic" Memory STick with a card reader.

But for the battery you must use an PSP or try mod one with soldering , this last method can be dangerous since the battery can explode. Or you can buy a Datel Battery for this.

Netguru
November 12th, 2007, 19:11
thnx for quick reply saracchini- surprised ! the pandora instructions list copying "official updater" 1.50 to root of stick, but i see no file by that name - is it the msinst file ? looks like i need a file from the dead psp firmware- msipl- as well- how can i get that from dead psp? thnz for ur post -<>-

steve520
November 12th, 2007, 20:38
you cant to make a pandora battery you need a custom firmware working psp your best bet is probably just to buy a datel battery or one off ebay and get the files for the magic memorystick.

Shrygue
November 12th, 2007, 20:40
...or if you know someone who has custom firmware in their PSP, you could ask them to make a pandoras battery for you.

Netguru
November 12th, 2007, 21:14
:othanks for the suggestions. I will try to borrow a working psp to get the battery setup done so i can use the memeory stick files i have set up.:o

Johnny Rash
November 12th, 2007, 21:32
Actually, not only will you need a working PSP.
That PSP will have to be capable of running homebrew.

There is a harware mod that you could do to the battery that will make it run as a Pandora's Battery.
It's just the removal of a pin to the EEPROM.

The thing is there are two ways you can go about doing this.
Either pulling the pin out. Thus making the battery unusable and leaving it as a Pandora's Battery in case the PSP is bricked again.
Or soldering, which there is a chance of being able to reconnect the pin.
(Of course, you'll need to be experienced with the soldering iron)

You could always buy a new battery. :D

HERE (http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=21280&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) is the link to the tutorial for the mod.
It doesn't say you can use an exacto knife to get the pin off.
But it gives you pictures on which pin to take off and general procedure.
Just make sure theres no contact between pins and risk blowing off your hands! ( :p )

Woohoo! 500th post!

aldy
November 13th, 2007, 01:29
dont know if it is fix but my friend did the same but he could fix it but also if the battery light turns on you got the ta-082 mother board just hit the screen button