PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM PSP -Beta 2 Released

wraggster
July 17th, 2005, 17:53
<a href="http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2550" target="_blank" >Joost Peters, Paolo Costabel & Thomas Mayer</a> have updated their port of ScummVM to the PSP, heres whats new:

<BLOCKQUOTE>What's new in Beta 2:

- Fixed saving/loading 'hang' in LucasArts SCUMM games
- Fixed 'Invalid savegame' slots and naming savegames in SCUMM.
- MP3 support (MP3'd CDDA tracks and monster.so3)</BLOCKQUOTE>

Downloads and more information here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/scummvmpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/scummvmpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to the ScummVM Team for a great release.

Teko
July 17th, 2005, 20:02
I was wondering if this had ingame speech support, while in Day of the Tentacle the characters talk in cutscenes, it just shows subtitles while they talk in game.

parabolee
July 17th, 2005, 20:02
Anyone tested this yet? What games does it support? How does it run?

Amiga
July 17th, 2005, 22:07
ive played amazon queen and beneath a steal sky, which plays great,amazon queen seems a bit slower though

tentonipete
July 18th, 2005, 22:54
how do you manage the save files if you can't type in a name? can i transfer from my pc saves?

Parqer
July 19th, 2005, 05:42
I tried Monkey Island 2 and Sam & Max, both work great. It doesn't crash when trying to save anymore, thankfully, but the save fucntion still doesn't work (I get a "Invalid save file" message from within the game whenever trying to create a new savegame).

To answer tentonipete's question, the select button functions as the numer 0 within Scummvm/the games it runs, so you can at least name your saves using varying amounts of zeroes.

parabolee
July 19th, 2005, 14:23
DAMN! Thats awesome. I wonder if it will support full speach version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis yet.

As soon as this has the save game function working, I'm ON THIS! :)

tentonipete
July 19th, 2005, 17:02
To answer tentonipete's question, the select button functions as the numer 0 within Scummvm/the games it runs, so you can at least name your saves using varying amounts of zeroes.
it says "cannot save in directory psp\game\scummvm\save\" when i tell it to save though....

jambox
July 20th, 2005, 00:18
DAMN! Thats awesome. I wonder if it will support full speach version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis yet.

As soon as this has the save game function working, I'm ON THIS! :)

Well I guess you were on this a couple days ago, because saving works! Oh, and speech too! :eek:

dalbylund
July 20th, 2005, 19:42
I found that you can't save (or load old saves) if you use the longer path names which are used to stop the corrupt file icons from appearing on 1.5 firmware. To get the save to work I had to use a standard path i.e. PSP/GAME/SCUMMVM/SAVE

Tom

PSP_Newbie
July 20th, 2005, 20:56
well, just an idea, but u could make the game files w/ the corrupt icons removed, and then create a new, seperate folder GAME/SCUMMVM/SAVE with just your save files

tentonipete
July 21st, 2005, 07:51
thanks guys! hopefully in later versions the save folder can be specified? then we can hide the corrupt icons!