PDA

View Full Version : SOMETHING WRONG WITH micro SD CARD PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

dnds5
November 14th, 2007, 22:27
k, so i was playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat on my M3 Simply for the first time. I created a profile, then I was led to a screen where i selected which game to play (Puzzle Kombat or Ultimate Mortal Kombat). Only I couldn't select either for some reason. So I turned my DS off, and restarted it. Then it froze on the the M3 "loading..." screen. I tried accessing the micro SD on my computer, but when I clicked on it in My COmputer, it would pause for awhile, before eventually saying "Please insert a disk into Drive G:\". So I cant even format it.

HELP!

shtonton
February 18th, 2008, 17:55
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE! only it did it while downloading a demo from DSOrganize. Now it isnt reconnized on my computer or anything. sadly i dont think there is any help for it. i think its bricked :-(

baker411
February 18th, 2008, 19:33
WOA i had this problem too! but it was with Dsorganize like dude up there........now my expensice 2GIG stick is a piece of trash layen there.........or atleast it was........i put in my cell phone and the phone magicaly picked it up.....i hate technology :P

PyroYuy
April 26th, 2008, 16:24
*sigh* I've yet to have a problem with my 8 gig stick... or my 2 gig stick. *knocks on wood*

but I feel for ya, something like that happened with a 4 gig stick with my psp... thank god for returns though.

shtonton
May 7th, 2008, 02:02
I had the same problem!!!! i downloaded a demo and i think it just flat out bricked my SD card. I dont think it can be fixed though. Im happy (well not happen but releived) to see that im not the only one with the problem.

shtonton
May 7th, 2008, 02:03
i commented twice... my bad. im dumb. lol

DS rocks
August 19th, 2008, 23:25
i had that problem T_T i inserted my Mirco SD for my M3 Simply and it says please insert into removable disk and i could do the safety remove thing i REALLY don't want to spend more money for a new M3 Simply cause my parents aren't gonna let me get another one

jprieto
November 16th, 2008, 23:27
I experienced that problem with my 6GB microSD card and Windows XP.

My experience indicates that part of the problem relies on the SD (or multicard) reader drives or Win XP itself.

The SD cards have an specific format that Win XP seems not to fully support.

There are formatting utilities for SD cards available from TOSHIBA (TOSHIBA SD Card Utilities / TOSHIBA SD Memory Card Format) and I think from HP too (Google for them).

I formatted my card with those tools, and also with cameras, mobile phones and pocket PCs borrowed from colleagues and friends, and it worked in all those devices, but never more when inserted in two of my Win XP PCs, and using three different SD readers.

But there is hope. After several months, I discovered that I could use one cheap photo camera from SANYO as an USB reader (it presents the internal SD card as a disk to my PC), the only drawback is that it requires the camera batteries to be charged.

And now that I have just brought a new HP TabletPC running Windows Vista... There is NO PROBLEM, the otherwise 'invisible' SD Card appears on 'My Computer' inmediately once inserted.

crookedmouth
December 10th, 2008, 06:09
You could try re-installing your USB reading drivers?

SylentEcho
December 18th, 2008, 21:01
You need to format your card. Next time you load stuff on to your card, just keep a backup of it on he PC.

crookedmouth
December 20th, 2008, 23:33
You need to format your card. Next time you load stuff on to your card, just keep a backup of it on he PC.

Usually that would fix the corruption but this time his computer won't recognize the card at all so therefore he can't reformat it.

I have heard that un-installing your usb reader in your device manager then reinstalling them may work but I have had a 1gig MicroSD die on me. I took it back to store though.