PDA

View Full Version : What game should I buy?

DarthPaul
November 14th, 2007, 23:36
I've been planning to get a new game for my Xbox 360 since I have some spare money, but I'm totally undecided on which one to get. So, if you guys can help me out with your opinions I will really appreciate it.

Here are the games I want and why, and what's holding me back...

Call of Duty 4: MW: Ok, I know that everybody love this game. It really looks cool and all, it's very popular and almost everyone is playing it on Live right now. But... it is another shooter. I have too many shooters on the Xbox 360 and that's what holding me back on this one. I have many shooters already...Gears of War, Halo 3, BioShock, and F.E.A.R., is it enough or should I buy Call of Duty 4 now? I will buy Call of Duty 4 for sure, but not sure if now or later.
http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/cod4-1650.jpg

Assassin's Creed: This Prince of Persia/Hitman looking game looks very beautiful graphically. I've been so freaking hyped for this game these last days... But then, I saw the review scores of this. With 1up giving it a 7/10, someone else a 7.7/10, and many bad reviews like that hold me back. I know there are other sites giving it good reviews, but no... I remember when I bought the 360 I said "Ok Paul, the games for the 360 are not cheap. You will buy only good games! You will buy only games that get an overall score over 90%", and AC is far from that. Another reason why I wanted this so badly over CoD4:MW is because I want something different, not more shooters...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/802/802794/assassins-creed-20070710000751307.jpg

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Well, I think everyone knows that this game is awesome, and looks awesome of course. Just by saying that it was the Game of the Year you can imagine how cool it is. That is one of the reasons why I want. But the other, is because it's not another shooter. This game came up to my list only because I wanted another good option besides CoD4, and I think this is the one. I always wanted to buy this one though... And what's holding me back to buy this one? Well, it's kinda old, it's been around for quite some time... but if I choose this one, I will buy the GotY edition of course.

http://img.pro-g.co.uk/images/xbox2/the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion/screens/the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion_70.jpg

Shadowblind
November 14th, 2007, 23:56
Oblivion...just wasn't worth it :/

I haven't played either AC or CoD4, so I just went with AC. IGN is the only site I know of giving it a bad review, but CoD has done pretty well everywhere. Your choice :)

beetroot bertie
November 15th, 2007, 00:06
What about Half-Life Orange Box? You get your 3 story driven games, your online class-based multiplayer (admittedly all shooters) and the puzzle fun of portal.

Of the 3 you mentioned, I want CoD4 the most.

Or you could get 2 or 3 older 360 games for the same price. Or several old Xbox games that are backwards compatible. You'd have plenty of variety then.

pibs
November 15th, 2007, 00:26
Orange box is great if you don't already own it on the pc which I didn't so it was a real bargain.

If you don't want a shooter I would suggest AC. You can't always go by the reviews I know what you mean by not wanting to waste so much on games. Then again you could just rent AC probably pass it in a few days if you have the time.

JKKDARK
November 15th, 2007, 00:44
Do you have Phantasy Star Universe? :)

BrooksyX
November 15th, 2007, 01:06
Do you have Phantasy Star Universe? :)

I just picked Phantasy Star Universe for $10 new, quite a steal.

I would suggest that you get Call Of Duty 4 if your looking for a good multiplayer game or if your looking for a really good story game I would suggest Oblivion: game of the year edition(Two free expansion packs). You will easily get 100+ hours if you even do half of the stuff on the game.

DarthPaul
November 15th, 2007, 02:43
Well I don't know about Orange Box, I was thinking about that one too. One friend of mine just told me it has 2 new games in the package, I didn't know that. And it has online gameplay so that's a good one. Now this is even harder for me to decide...

About Phantasy Star Universe, no. I don't have that one. That's another good option to be serious. But it's very old too... Many friends have recommend that one, but bleh... I don't know. I just don't want it...

And no bertie... I don't want to spend money on original Xbox's game. -_-

Anyway, BIG thanks for all your comments guys. I knew I could count on you. :) I'm expecting more opinions though! Where are the others!?

leigh
November 15th, 2007, 18:05
COD4 all the way, its incredible :)

DarthPaul
November 17th, 2007, 14:34
Thanks again guys. You are all great! :)

I'm going right now to GameStop.. and I'm going to buy 2 instead of just one. I'm gonna report back to tell you which ones I chose.

DarthPaul
November 25th, 2007, 17:00
I bought Call of Duty 4 and Fight Night Round 3 that day. And bought Oblivion two days ago. And I'm getting Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and The Orange Box for Christmas. :D

JPJunkie
December 1st, 2007, 09:23
So your getting pretty much everything you wanted lol

Baboon
December 1st, 2007, 10:11
COD4 all the way! :)

I've played AC on the PS3 and it want worth all the hype. :(

JPJunkie
December 16th, 2007, 20:32
I've played COD4 now! It's amazing :)