PDA

View Full Version : DC online gaming comming back to USA

lordfenix
July 18th, 2005, 00:26
sign this to bring back DC gaming

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/958299126

shade
July 18th, 2005, 00:30
Sega won't give you software unless you are willing to pay ALOT of money for it.

WHurricane16
July 18th, 2005, 07:43
I love it when guys make clever titles for topics, but they are all about bunk just to get someone naive like me to even visit the topic.

Nevermind the spelling in the forum topic should have been a dead giveaway for "you are about to waste your time, are you sure you want to proceed?". I guess I clicked on "yes".

Anyhoot, petitions for games don't work. If all you have is a bunch of gamers (and DC gamers at that) your petition will fall well short of "give-a-damn" status.

Eric
July 18th, 2005, 12:58
I agree with Whurricane16 as i and a buddy long ways back had made a petition to bring DC back online aswell i think we asked if we could use the software aswell. But that petition fell short and really fast we tried advertising it and it went no where. Go ahead and try i hope things work out but Whurricane16 is right and i should have not made it when i did.

Waste of time

Eric

ptr.exe
July 18th, 2005, 13:48
Anyhoot, petitions for games don't work
Animal Crossing. Thhousands of European gamers persistantly wrote emails and signed petitions, and after two years AC got a european release.

but lordfenix, you'd do better to try setting up your own servers like someone did for PSO, petitions dont work on a small scale.

Eric
July 18th, 2005, 18:33
Well i would say it worked cause its alive in the commercial industry SEGA wont want to do anything with the Dreamcast anymore in America cause it failed commercially. Near the end they kept the servers up longer then they should to see how many people were using it online and not much were so that was the reason why it was taken down. A petition is great thing but for SEGA to bring the servers back up you need more then 1 million fans to want to play it online.

Why Nintendo listened is GC is still alive and running and they want there fans input and anyway possible to make there fans happy. Thats where they get more money so they made Animal Crossing.

ptr.exe
July 19th, 2005, 15:19
anyway possible to make there fans happy
They're a company, they released it because they thought it was profitable.

The petitions showed many were interested, and that the cost of translating for Europe would be less than the profits from sales. They believed it would make them money, they couldnt care less if we were happy as long as were buying.

Morph
July 20th, 2005, 01:56
not only did I explain to this guy WHY its impossible on other forums, OTHER people did as well. He did not listen. He instead SAID that he had the consent of the involved companies. Which, if true, why does he need a petition, and why does he need "universal software" to begin with? He could just ask he companies whom have "consented" for the software for their games.

The fact that he is ignoring facts that have been plainly presented to him prior to now and continuing to pursue the matter is in fact bery annoying.