PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me or is 3.72-HX exactly like 3.72 OFFICIAL firmware???

shadowhalo3
November 18th, 2007, 01:33
alright fellas,here's what i did: made a folder name UPDATE inside GAME folder (btw i was on 3.71 m33 ) i put the PRX, eboot & 372 all in UPDATE. so i goto XMB, start it. Once it finished,i return to xmb, check my software it says v3.72. ( ¿¿no HX at the end??) i realize i no longer have recovery!!! and cant play homebrew of any kind. what-the-h3ll is going on. now i truly w/ all my heart believe im on official 372. but isnt it impossible to upgrade CFW to OFW?? wheres recovery, and why cant i play homebr

F9zDark
November 18th, 2007, 14:42
No I wouldn't say it is impossible. But the question remains, why didn't you follow the instructions? No CFW dev would use the UPDATE folder to run their program...

Napalm-Death
November 18th, 2007, 15:07
No CFW dev would use the UPDATE folder to run their program...

Didn't DAX do it with 3.71M33-3?

factor remix
November 18th, 2007, 17:53
DAX do it with 3.71 m33, why not in 3.71-HX?? maybe you missed some files or didn't put it in the correct folder

shadowhalo3
November 18th, 2007, 17:53
F9zDark, the stupid instructions said psp/game/update. why dont you read it yourself! but if i did do anything wrong,read my 1st post above and point out what! cause the readme said psp/game/update. thats what i did,and i upgraded from CFW to OFW..

and i dont care what that tag says under my forum name, im not a Noob.

shadowhalo3
November 18th, 2007, 17:57
DAX do it with 3.71 m33, why not in 3.71-HX?? maybe you missed some files or didn't put it in the correct folder

maybe, but how the h3ll could i go from CFW to OFW by "messing up"? it makes no sense. from my knowledge, u cant update 'officially' anymore w/ CFW

Zin0099
November 18th, 2007, 19:24
so you saying this fw may be a scam by sony to screw us

shadowhalo3
November 18th, 2007, 21:08
nice find. U may be correct. I followed every instruction, read what i did above,if any1 would like me to specifically write what i did let me know. It would help if a person w/ 3.72 HX replied,seeing if the same crap happened to them. now i gotta hardmod my Battery just to go down to 1.50, im so pissed. and all this time im thinking HX will rock.

hodgy47
November 19th, 2007, 01:33
nice find. U may be correct. I followed every instruction, read what i did above,if any1 would like me to specifically write what i did let me know. It would help if a person w/ 3.72 HX replied,seeing if the same crap happened to them. now i gotta hardmod my Battery just to go down to 1.50, im so pissed. and all this time im thinking HX will rock.

Hx is real you should have named the 3.72official update 372.pbp not update.pbp cos its read the official update and ran it, but seems as 3.72hx is just a hokus pokus version of 3.71m33 why change anyway and personally i dodnt trust nothing without dax involved in some way i didnt change to m33 until i found it was dax, as for the battery dont you know anyone with a psp on custom just convert yours for the downgrade.

shadowhalo3
November 19th, 2007, 01:49
true,man. i do have a friend, i decided to use his psp tommorrow in school. but i did name the official 3.72 to 3.72.pbp,but honestly its all a blur to me now. im too far exp to not rename the update files that need to be updated ( i kno i would) i made a folder UPdate inside GAME, with prx, 3.72.pbp, and Eboot inside update...oh, it updated me alright....to OFW. and even DAX used update folder

hodgy47
November 19th, 2007, 01:53
true,man. i do have a friend, i decided to use his psp tommorrow in school. but i did name the official 3.72 to 3.72.pbp,but honestly its all a blur to me now. im too far exp to not rename the update files that need to be updated ( i kno i would) i made a folder UPdate inside GAME, with prx, 3.72.pbp, and Eboot inside update...oh, it updated me alright....to OFW. and even DAX used update folder

Not to worry just get yourself back to 3.71m33 and dont trust nothing but dax its safer cos i dont think dax is finished he just cant resist shi**ing on sony.

shadowhalo3
November 19th, 2007, 02:05
cool,but do you know how it feels to go an entire day w/o homebrew?? its like a drug, addictive.. i gotta have homebrew primed and ready,and once you've had it for as long as i have, having it stripped from you makes u feel like your psp is "vulnerable and useless".

my question remains, what the heck did i do to actually go from CFW to OFW by messing up. but if no one knows....

jonezybaby
November 19th, 2007, 12:20
ever wonder why its 3.XX HX?

HoaX Mebe? remove the small letters ;)

Nicko01
November 19th, 2007, 16:34
No, it does work fine. I have it on my secondary firmware on my modchipped PSP.
It worked fine for me.

shadowhalo3
November 19th, 2007, 16:38
ever wonder why its 3.XX HX?

HoaX Mebe? remove the small letters ;)

okay... however, i found someone in a different thread stating he had HX. But every knows HX is an M33 rip-off. I probably did something wrong, but rest assured, im ONLY trusted DAX or dark_alex from now on. Maybe, just maybe, i'll give it another shot, as soon as i have my pandora ready, just in case it decides to take me to OFW. And what threw me off was the fact i had no recovery mode, that's when i figured this was official. And my friend's psp is 3.30 oe-a, however he can't run the pandora installer on his psp. why, i don't know. now i'll have to hardmod my ONLY battery..

shadowhalo3
November 19th, 2007, 16:41
No, it does work fine. I have it on my secondary firmware on my modchipped PSP.
It worked fine for me.

honestly? do you have recovery, and please tell me what you did to install it. And i'll see what i did wrong..