PDA

View Full Version : ExcruciationX has a Dreamcast! Nener Nener Nener!

ExcruciationX
November 18th, 2007, 14:53
I picked one up yesterday (it was made in August 1999 and it's still going strong! The 360 has lessons to learn here), and I'm impressed at the graphics and the quality of the games (I have two). I can't believe it was made 8 years ago.

But, that's not my purpose of buying it. I'd like to run homebrew on it. So, what good homebrew multiplayer games are there (I know of Super Mario War already)? Also, should I add dummy files to the CDI image?

beetroot bertie
November 18th, 2007, 22:46
You could add a dummy file but I've never bothered. Most homebrew is loaded into the memory once and then disc isn't accessed again so adding a dummy file won't necessarily reduce wear and tear on the laser or motor.

Beats of Rage allows a second player and is a good side scrolling beat 'em up with nice graphics.

I'd recommend getting Soul Calibur if you haven't already as it really is a great game, excellent against friends.

What games did you get with it?

ExcruciationX
November 18th, 2007, 23:06
Dynamite Cop, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and some demo disks from magazines.

fackue
November 19th, 2007, 00:27
Take a look at DCEvolution (www.dcevolution.net), they have a lot of CD images to download.

bullhead
November 19th, 2007, 02:04
Well... I have two PS3's.

So meh...

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 09:02
I have an acoustic guitar in my lap, a frappuccino from Starbucks, and about $30.

And that, to me, is all I need in life. :cool:

ExcruciationX
November 19th, 2007, 15:14
Take a look at DCEvolution (http://www.dcevolution.net), they have a lot of CD images to download.
Thanks, man!

Also, guys, DCemu's dreamcast downloads section is still haxored. Just to let you know.

EDIT: Wait, you're Fackue! Bootdreams makes life easier! Props to you! :D

EDIT2: I'm just realizing how much various people contibuted to the Dreamcast scene! Props to you as well!