PDA

View Full Version : Help using PSP on win98!

Supa Munkey
July 18th, 2005, 18:17
where in the world can I find a driver for PSP Type A for win98? I searched for hours and finally came here and searched the fourms and found nothing that helped...or I didn't look thta well one.
anyway I can't get my PSP to work on win98 (I can't affored to upgrade to an XP just yet alot of crap going on and junk) and I need help so have at it you gurus (that is a word right?) thanks in advance feel free to e-mail me some info or post here, either way will be fine.

shizzle
July 18th, 2005, 18:31
help us understand what you want to do. Transfer homebrew, music, video. Or trying to run a psp emu on windows?? little help.

dalbylund
July 18th, 2005, 18:33
I've not seen an official Win98 driver although some people have used a digital camera driver and say it works fine, just check google. I recommend you get a memory stick pro reader as they all usual work in 98, you should easily be able to get one of these for about £5, try ebay if you get stuck

PSP_Newbie
July 18th, 2005, 22:32
shizzle, his problem is this i believe:
in winXP, when u plug in your psp and hit usb connect, it detects it and automatically installs the drivers for it so u can actually see the files on the mem stick, tranfer stuff, etc
however, w/ win98, you need to find and install the driver manually, which he cant find
well, if it helps, here is what it says about the driver for mine, which it detects as a removable disk:
Sony PSP USB Device
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 7/1/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0
Digital Publisher: Microsoft Windows Publisher

edit: it also has the drivers as C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys and C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\PartMgr.sys

rest05
July 18th, 2005, 23:23
i have heard that there is an ipod driver for win98 that is very similar to the driver of the psp so maybe search for ipod driver for the psp and maybe you can find one, search google.
here: http://www.usbman.com/win98seusbguide.htm

or here: http://win98.drivers.w.interia.pl/psp.html

watoto
July 19th, 2005, 05:22
what are you doing with win98 still?

Qmark
July 19th, 2005, 06:21
Workable driver:
http://home.earthlink.net/~randomcrap/nusb20e.exe

If you have already attempted to connect your PSP to win98, you will have to dig around in regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\USB\. Look around in the sub-directories there for something like "Sony PSP" and delete that sub-directory.

Then, run this driver, reboot, and plug in the PSP. It should actually work now.

shizzle
July 19th, 2005, 06:53
can't afford it for psp, if you can't do basic functions then that os is becoming obselete.

Supa Munkey
July 20th, 2005, 00:42
First off thanks for all the help I'll try all those things out when I get more time. Second I have my old computer since it was mine to start with so my X kept the newer one (plus a laptop...DAMNIT!) but when I get settled I'm getting a new one for myself, but till then I'm kickin' it old skool. 'nuff said.