PDA

View Full Version : DGen v0.70 (genesis emu for PSP)

wraggster
July 18th, 2005, 18:32
<a href="http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/" target="_blank" >Syn-Z</a> who now has a shiny new homepage has released a new version of his Genesis (megadrive) emulator for the PSP, heres whats new via the translation:

Setting and retention
* Screen mode addition (Fit&Full)
* Sound volume setting and addition
* Sound left and right the bug which is opposite correction

Download from here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

parabolee
July 18th, 2005, 18:53
Sweet a Megadrive emulator with full screen support!

Does this run at full speed? Does it use 333mhz?

I'm going to test it later myself.

CannedSoup
July 18th, 2005, 19:01
PSP genesis has fullscreen support. Dgen is still slower emulator but its nice to see there is choices. Dgen has more accurate emulation. Hence water working in Dgen and not in pspgen.

CannedSoup
July 18th, 2005, 19:15
I have to say i've played around with this and even though its a hair slower than PSPGEN I have to admite this is the better of the 2 emulators as its much more professional I really think you all should give it a try.

parabolee
July 19th, 2005, 14:20
I pl;ayed around with DGEN and it's ok, I like the menu options but I find it slower and less reliable than PSP Genesis, for instance the Sonic ROM I use on PSP Genesis runs corrupt on DGEN.

I must have missed the upate that added full screen to PSP Genesis, Awesome! My only complaint with it is that the graphics seem to blur when moving fast, very strange, but it runs great now. All we need now is to have the blurring fixed and to have save states added.

CannedSoup
July 19th, 2005, 16:37
Thats just because psp has a bad refresh rate and blurs anyways. Play the mini game on RR and you will notice extremly bad red color blur.

ataribob
July 21st, 2005, 15:25
Really nice but how do you save.
I don't see it in the menu.
I see a save default But I think thats for your settings.
How do you load your games If you can find a way to save them

CannedSoup
July 21st, 2005, 23:46
No psp genesis emulators have saving working yet and pspgens saving does work regradless if they say it does.

bkdevart
July 21st, 2005, 23:51
PSPGenesis supports both state saves and sram saves. Hold the thumbstick and hit the R-Trigger for save state, or L-Trigger for loading a state (sorry, 1 per game). SRAM should be on by default in the new version...
"Regardless if they say it does?"... well, it works for me... read through the readme.txt file if you haven't gotten it working right.

CannedSoup
July 22nd, 2005, 00:42
Doesnt work on half the games out there. Phantasy stars or Sonic 3 and knuckles. I could name alot it doesnt work on and they all happen to be games I wanna save on.

bkdevart
July 22nd, 2005, 00:49
Just checked out the Sonic 3 + Knuckles rom... save state works great. Haven't tried the SRAM yet. Are you using the most recent version of PSPGenesis? Also, are you using an official romset?

CannedSoup
July 22nd, 2005, 00:58
i'm talking about sram save states work.