PDA

View Full Version : Happy 1st Birthday Wii!

Shrygue
November 19th, 2007, 18:54
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/vc-update/happy-1st-birthday-wii-324279.php)

A year year has passed since the Nintendo Wii first burst onto the scene, becoming the simultaneous joy and frustration for gamers around the world, as huge numbers were sold and even bigger numbers of frustrated parents and fans began a year-long struggle to obtain one of the elusive white boxes.

While those who didn't get one continuously called game stores asking the question that many clerks still have nightmares about, waking up suddenly in a cold sweat screaming, "We don't have any Wiis, okay!?", we proud owners have been waking up every Monday to a new set of classic games to enjoy.

Now fickle Nintendo punishes us for our pride by releasing Sonic 3D Blast. One of the first bad Sonic games, 3D Blast (800 points) was technically neither, featuring pre-rendered sprites and a definite lack of fun. While we also get Super Air Zonk for the TurboGrafx16 CD (800 points) and Wrecking Crew (500 points), one of the few Mario games not named Mario-something, nothing can wash off the stink of Sonic 3D Blast. Happy Birthday Wii! Please don't hurt us anymore.

More info here (http://kotaku.com/gaming/vc-update/happy-1st-birthday-wii-324279.php)

JKKDARK
November 19th, 2007, 23:08
Happy birthday, Nintendo Wii :) This system will be the winner on this generation :)

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 23:24
Happy birthday console I don't own!

I'd like to though.
I'd like to Resident Evil 4 LIGHTGUN STYLE!

mastersho
November 19th, 2007, 23:28
Happy Birthday Wii, you are so awesome.(But for my Wii its a belated Birthday, got my on the 16th due to the stupidity of K-Mart!^^)

sappo
November 20th, 2007, 15:11
Happy Birthday, best console ever made :)

wiggy fuzz
November 20th, 2007, 17:56
"the wii is... not out in pink or green
the wii costs... a lot more than gasoline...
the wii is... oh yes the wii is! the best thing Shigeru Miyamoto ever invente...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedd dddddd!"

*comical walking stick drags me off the stage*