PDA

View Full Version : New SMS Plus Beta

vbt
November 20th, 2007, 23:36
This new release uses the famous and incredible Faze by Fox68k. Some games like Sonic run 30% faster than before.

So, have a look at it but be aware that the Faze port to the Saturn may not be completely finished. Well, the compatibility is quite high. :)

http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/sms_plus_raze_empty.zip

geise69
November 21st, 2007, 12:52
Woah! Very awesome! I will be trying this after work. Thanks a lot! :)

RockinB
November 23rd, 2007, 22:18
Very nice, I've been looking forward to this and finally here it is! Great work, It's impressive to hear that Sonic is that much faster, that makes it worth it.

JKKDARK
November 23rd, 2007, 23:48
Glad to still see new homebrew for Saturn :D

vbt
November 24th, 2007, 01:39
Woah! Very awesome! I will be trying this after work. Thanks a lot! :)

Great, please give me some feedback when you'll have tried it :)

Very nice, I've been looking forward to this and finally here it is! Great work, It's impressive to hear that Sonic is that much faster, that makes it worth it.
yes really, the same for shooters like R-Type,Power Strike 1 & 2. Also, if I restart port correctly I could get some more speed.

Glad to still see new homebrew for Saturn :D

Yeah, it's still alive and there is again this year Rockin's dev contest. Also it would be worth to reuse Raze on Saturn for another emu or mame game.

RockinB
November 24th, 2007, 20:08
Seems like the maximum numer of ROMs has been reduced, how much ROMs can I actually put on the CD? My last burn included a couple of games, but I couldn't play Sonic, it was already stuck at some game starting with 'B'.

vbt
November 24th, 2007, 20:51
strange problem, the limit is the same : 384. When the first rom is loaded try to list all file available. Maybe you have reached a ROM that kills the emulator. Try the version without "empty".

luizpaulobra
November 29th, 2007, 23:26
Hi, I'm new for Saturn Emulators (i make my first Swap Trick yesterday lol)

This emulator is amazing! Run on Saturn model 2 without RAM card very easy.

Only a hint... Put the PAUSE button on emulator, because some games need that (like Alex Kid in Miracle World to change the itens) :thumbup:

Thanks!

vbt
November 30th, 2007, 20:08
Hi, I'm new for Saturn Emulators (i make my first Swap Trick yesterday lol)

This emulator is amazing! Run on Saturn model 2 without RAM card very easy.

Only a hint... Put the PAUSE button on emulator, because some games need that (like Alex Kid in Miracle World to change the itens) :thumbup:

Thanks!

Thanks for testing, it good to see a new user of sms plus for Saturn. I know the pause button is missing, I had finally added it to the cz80 version but there is not yet nmi support on Faze/Raze (I can be wrong). Maybe in next test version. :)

vbt
December 21st, 2007, 15:03
Thanks for testing, it good to see a new user of sms plus for Saturn. I know the pause button is missing, I had finally added it to the cz80 version but there is not yet nmi support on Faze/Raze (I can be wrong). Maybe in next test version. :)

i was wong :(, there was nmi support on faze, it wasn't yet big endian. So Pause button support is coming soon ;)

vbt
December 22nd, 2007, 21:50
New beta :

* Added support of pause button
* Max number of files set to 512
* ROM name erased correctly when moving between ROM list
* C, L, R and X no more use triggered button method

http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/sms_plus_raze_empty2.zip

Christuserloeser
December 24th, 2007, 06:48
Great! - Thanks a lot for this new release ! I'll definitely give this a try one of these days :)

vbt
December 26th, 2007, 17:23
Great! - Thanks a lot for this new release ! I'll definitely give this a try one of these days :)

Thanks Chis :) I've found a bug on hangon and outrun. For now I didn't managed to fix it, i will need some help :)

Christuserloeser
April 1st, 2008, 08:53
Speed is incredible with FAZE. It's always 55-65 fps on all games I tried.

- and Psycho Fox runs at 100fps ...!? o_O

I noticed a bug in Asterix. Somehow the timer seems to skip a few seconds every now and then. Makes it VERY hard to complete the first level.

I couldn't get Bubble Bobble to start.

But that's it basically. Every game I tried ran great. There were a few minor graphical glitches with the sprites though, I wonder if they depend on the 50/60Hz setting? (kinda like with GenesisPlusDC) - I tested SMSplus with my brandnew Japanese Saturn, which Saturn do you use for developing ?

Also, since I haven't tried a GG game yet: is there GameGear support ?

Also it would be worth to reuse Raze on Saturn for another emu or mame game.

True that. Seems FAZE opened the door for almost any Z80 based system to be emulated on Saturn :)

fox68k
April 1st, 2008, 15:27
Hi vbt,

congrats for your great emulator. It is really nice to see you got FAZE working on it.

I would like to merge FAZE's Saturn branch with DC one but unfortunately i cannot manage to get some free time to.

Will get in touch you soon.

Cheers.

vbt
April 6th, 2008, 23:37
Hi vbt,

congrats for your great emulator. It is really nice to see you got FAZE working on it.

I would like to merge FAZE's Saturn branch with DC one but unfortunately i cannot manage to get some free time to.

Will get in touch you soon.

Cheers.

I'm still late :confused:, I've only downloaded Ankh SVN client but not yet installed and configured.

fox68k
April 9th, 2008, 11:38
I'm still late :confused:, I've only downloaded Ankh SVN client but not yet installed and configured.

No worries. :)

Tortoise SVN is very popular. May be it is worth trying...

vbt
April 13th, 2008, 00:41
No worries. :)

Tortoise SVN is very popular. May be it is worth trying...

Merge done not tested and not commited :) But it looks great, I've added all missing BIG_ENDIAN test flags.

OV3RFiEND
April 15th, 2008, 18:05
Great! It's good to see that the Saturn Scene is still alive :)

I tested the Emu on my PAL-Saturn (Modchip) and had like Christuserloeser a few minor graphical glitches... I hope the next beta will have Fullscreen and a Menu ;)

Looking forward for the next release!