PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus & Sonic CD Errors - New PSP owner - Assistance would be vastly appreciated.

mix-o-freak
November 20th, 2007, 22:56
Okay, I just got my PSP Slim Piano Black last night with a 3.60 official firmware, downgraded it, and now I have it on 3.71 M33 homebrew firmware. I have a 2 GB MagicGate Memory Stick Pro Duo with my games, music and photos. I have put the latest Daedalus, NesterJ, Snes9x003a, and PicoDrive emulators onto my memory stick, and most seem to be running just fine. Now, my issue is this:

Daedalus has it's games in the proper rom folder, but pops up this error:

The game could not be started. (8002014C)

I've already looked through the forum for half an hour and I have tried a few of the "solutions" recommended. I went into recovery, and my Autorun is set at PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PSP Since it is a slim, I read that the 1.5 kernal is both unnecessary and wouldn't work anyway. I have tried putting the games in a GAME150 or GAME370 folder, but then it didn't find any of the files. I've even tried formatting the drive and putting it on again, as well as putting it on a different memory stick pro duo. None of these have done a thing, positive or negative, to change the situation.

I'm not needing assistance with anything else, and I've already attempted the above to try to fix Daedalus. Will someone please tell me how to fix this error?

:Edit: Fixed the Sonic CD Error, but still haven't fixed the Daedalus one... :Edit:

factor remix
November 20th, 2007, 23:39
Sonic CD?? or you mean SEGA CD

and for Daedalus try using the v1.0 folder and place it in game or game 370 folder

Chameleon
November 20th, 2007, 23:46
Its not the placement of your folders that is off, you must install the 1.5 kernel add-on for 3.71m33 before even attempting to play those emulators

mix-o-freak
November 21st, 2007, 00:20
Sonic CD?? or you mean SEGA CD

and for Daedalus try using the v1.0 folder and place it in game or game 370 folder

No, I meant Sonic CD. That was the only one that wasn't working on the PicoDrive. Evidently the idiot who hosted it where I first got it from had a corrupted .bin file. As I said above though, I tried putting Daedalus in the PSP/GAME370 folder, but it would not find it then.

Its not the placement of your folders that is off, you must install the 1.5 kernel add-on for 3.71m33 before even attempting to play those emulators

First off, all the other emulators are working fine. Secondly, I have, as I said, read the forums for thirty minutes prior to making this thread. All of them said the psp slim, which is what I have it on, does not need that kernal.

Regardless, I had put that kernal in the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder, but it didn't do anything. I suppose, perhaps, that it still is needed with the slim, but did I put it in the wrong spot or something? I really want to play Starfox 64, Mario 64 and Mario Cart 64 on my psp, but the program still won't work...

factor remix
November 21st, 2007, 00:30
ohh... sonic cd, the game that bring 6 sonic games, right? I remember I had it for gamecube or something...

but anyways, try using the kernel: Download (http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=14744)

mix-o-freak
November 21st, 2007, 00:41
ohh... sonic cd, the game that bring 6 sonic games, right? I remember I had it for gamecube or something...

but anyways, try using the kernel: Download (http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=14744)

Nooo... That's the Sonic Mega Gem Collection. I have that too. XD Sonic CD was a game for the Sega CD system with time travel features and some minor animations (intro, ending, etc.). Anyway, I have a slim so that won't work.

:Edit!: I got eLoader after a google search for "1.5 kernal update slim" and put that on. The sound is choppy and the frame rate is low for the games, but otherwise awesome! :D :Edit!: