PDA

View Full Version : R2&L2 buttons on PS3 controller.

bullhead
November 21st, 2007, 03:58
They should be discussed. How do you feel about them?

bull, x.

DaKik
November 21st, 2007, 17:23
I really like them! Maybe if they were a bit harder to push, so that we can control it easily. That was a very noticeable new feature for me when I unpacked my PS3.

bullhead
November 21st, 2007, 19:13
I prefer the old controller. With the new one I find that my fingers slip off them quite easily. It should be redesigned. They are similar to the xbox triggers only they are not concaved, which they should be. If they were, my fingers would stay snug in place, but they don't.

wolfpack
November 21st, 2007, 19:39
I have to agree with bullhead, i played a ps3 a store and those back buttons make it hard for the fingers to stay on for triggers. Yea maybe if it indented a little theyd be fine.

jonezybaby
November 21st, 2007, 21:40
i like them but they are too sensitive

Shrygue
November 21st, 2007, 22:16
I have to agree with that.

Also, they have a possibly of getting stuck and when they do, you can't execute any commands such as shotdown in the controller menu (when you press the PS button). Plus, it just plain screws up gameplay. I know about it because I've had to open then up so many times to fix the annoying problem and it's a right pain to put the controller back together again as parts keep sliding and falling out.

Accordion
November 22nd, 2007, 00:53
i dont have any problems. they do become slightly crooked through use though.

the latest issue of PSW in the UK has some caps which clip onto them and make them concave.

or you could stick a lump of blu-tack/plasticine onto them. A little donut on the apologue sticks may help some people out also.

Triv1um
November 23rd, 2007, 21:46
I like them. They are stupidly sensitive though.

I was always flash grenading myself on CoD4. Haha.

I think if the was abit stiffer (harder to push) and they where concave it would be better. But i like them alot.

Shrygue
November 23rd, 2007, 21:54
Maybe the sixaxis controller should have used the design for the PS2's Dualshock 2. That would have been better - well for me in my opinion that is.

Accordion
November 23rd, 2007, 21:54
Those clips that come with "PSW" work quite well actually, some of you may want to try and get the magzine. It seems many people have raided the magazines though, I intended to buy the mag but all the copies were torn apart, thankfully there was a set of triggers in the display unit waiting for me!

Skmasterpiece
November 28th, 2007, 00:45
I think its an improvement,there really sensative i know before ive been alright withe the Dual Shock 2 L2 and R2 but i think its better,if anytihng i disslike its that pissing Sixaxis system,thanks god its not preminant like the Wii though