PDA

View Full Version : Analog problem

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2007, 19:55
Its been getting worse and worse but now its just plain bad. My PSP has a bag analog stick problem. While playing games that deal with Analog stick movement i find that characters seem to move on there own as if the analog is displaced and not centered. I find that main menus scroll up and down at a fast rate. When i try to move using the analog stick i find restriction of movement as if the Analogs movement if fighting against mine and the character is moving slower that it should. Any ideas on how to correct this problem. I'm almost certain that its a hardware related problem :(

Sonicboy 101
November 21st, 2007, 20:00
This problem occurs on loads of PSP's, it's kinda common. Before making it into a hardware problem I suggest that you try Joysens (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77440). With this you can configure to analogue to make it go to the center. It worked for me when it was not working correctly on mine, now it works like a charm.
If that does not solve your problem, you'll have to go inside the PSP and clean it or something like that, I don't really know that much about the hardware stuff. But it should work.

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2007, 20:23
This problem occurs on loads of PSP's, it's kinda common. Before making it into a hardware problem I suggest that you try Joysens (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77440). With this you can configure to analogue to make it go to the center. It worked for me when it was not working correctly on mine, now it works like a charm.
If that does not solve your problem, you'll have to go inside the PSP and clean it or something like that, I don't really know that much about the hardware stuff. But it should work.
I'm trying out Joysens now. Hope it works. I figured i had to open my PSP up and clean some stuff up. I really didn't want to go that route.

Edit: it fixed the "slow" analog problem. So for the most part everything seems to be good, theres still a slight displacement but i can at least deal with that :)

Sonicboy 101
November 21st, 2007, 21:24
I'm trying out Joysens now. Hope it works. I figured i had to open my PSP up and clean some stuff up. I really didn't want to go that route.

Edit: it fixed the "slow" analog problem. So for the most part everything seems to be good, theres still a slight displacement but i can at least deal with that :)

That's good to hear. If you messed around with the setting some more you could probably get it just right. At least you don't have to open it up (I really didn't want to when my analogue problem occurred.), that's a good thing about Joysens.