PDA

View Full Version : Raiden Set for Xbox 360

Shrygue
November 22nd, 2007, 19:47
via IGN (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/837/837351p1.html)

The Xbox 360 has become the unlikely system of choice for 2D shooting fans this generation. Joining Taito's Castle Shikigami 3, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals that Success is bringing Raiden Fighters Aces to the platform.

Raiden Fighters Aces is a compilation of arcade shooters from the Raiden Fighters series. Included, you'll find Raiden Fighters (1996), Raiden Fighters 2 (1997) and Raiden Fighters Jet (1998), all playable in their original vertical dimensions.

On top of the full recreations of the classic titles, Success is including a few Xbox 360 original features. The game will include online support, with online rankings and the ability to upload and download replay data. To make sure you have the best strategies for making good replays, Success is also throwing in a DVD strategy guide with high score play for all three titles from Japan's top players.

And, of course, a new mode of play that all purists require. The game will let you turn your TV on its side to play full screen while maintaining the arcade version's proportions.

Raiden Fighters Aces will hit Japan in 2008. There's no word yet on an international release.

JKKDARK
November 22nd, 2007, 20:23
Damn I wanted a Dreamcast port :(

Shadowblind
November 22nd, 2007, 20:53
They better release it in US! Raiden = greatest scrolling space fighter game of all time.

royvedas
November 22nd, 2007, 20:55
Damn I wanted a Dreamcast port :(

But Dreamcast is dead. Time to move on.

Cheers.

BrooksyX
November 22nd, 2007, 23:14
Meh...

Whens Ikaruga coming out, thats the game I really want to play on my 360.

beetroot bertie
November 23rd, 2007, 10:18
But Dreamcast is dead

Mine still works ;P

Admittedly it's pretty dead in a commercial sense, but there's still plenty of us DC users about that enjoy the homebrew releases and enjoy getting a little bit more out of our Dreamcasts.

Until Ikaruga makes it to 360, I'll still play it on my DC along with my other shoot 'em ups. In fact there's only the joy of having it in HD that would make me buy it anyway. I think Soul Calibur still stands up well today, but I am looking forward to SC4 on 360 :D

Oh yeah, Raiden on 360 - nice.

pibs
November 23rd, 2007, 10:46
The game will let you turn your TV on its side to play full screen while maintaining the arcade version's proportions.

Wtf how does that make any sense:confused: I am baffled by this turning of my TV, I have never heard of such a concept for full screen game play.

beetroot bertie
November 23rd, 2007, 11:03
Unlike our TV's, the screen in 2D arcade vertical scrollers is usually on it's side (it's taller than it is wide to suit the vertical scrolling gameplay rather than wider than tall).

On our TV's (because it won't fit our wider proportions) this means you have to have borders down the side of the screen to fit it all in. So some game developers include a mode called 'Tate' which means if you can rotate your monitor/tv by 90˚ the game will also change the video so it's rotated too, allowing it to work with a rotated monitor at full screen without borders down the side and thus preserves the screen proportions original to the master arcade version. And it looks really good too :D

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8903/ikarugascreengq0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)