PDA

View Full Version : firmware 2.60

revilo3000
November 22nd, 2007, 21:32
i know this qeustion might have been asked before, but im new, and i dont wanna search all night long. so dont chopp my head off if this sounds stupid to u.

i have a psp with firmware 2.60 and im quite sure it has no TA-082 motherboard because the line "IC1003" is definitely not in the right top corner. there are some numbers in the left top corner, but they are mostly hidden by the umd drive. i read a lot of different stuff about downgrading, so i can use emulatores to play snes and other games. so far i know that there is a programm to downgrade my psp to 1.50 so i would be able to use homebrew software and install a emulator. i hope im right so far?

there are some questions:

1. would it be better to upgrade to 2.71 and use homebrew for that firmware? or is 1.50 still the best firmware for homebrew software?

2.if i downgrade to 1.50 and use homebrew. can i still play new bought games, with higher firmware updates?

greets

dangee
November 22nd, 2007, 22:38
F/w 1.5 is like basecamp #1 for homebrew.
From there you can upgrade to a custom f/w, that enables your PSP for homebrew and official software.
All CFWs allow a return to 1.5 (and from there back to 2.6 if you want)

A common route from 2.6 is:

upgrade to 2.80
downgrade to 1.5

revilo3000
November 23rd, 2007, 17:32
ok, thanks.

how is that cfw called, that allows me to play homebrew and new official software?

and i found a downgrade for 2.6, why should i upgrade to 2.8 and then downgrade? is that easier?

greets

dangee
November 23rd, 2007, 19:23
You can downgrade from 2.6,2.71,or 2.80
The 2.80 downgrader has a good reputation (reliability and user-friendliness)
I seem to remember that the 2.6 downgrader requires files from the
unpatched GTA game (don't know if this is still the case).
You should be ok with whatever one you choose, just follow the
instructions carefully.
atm,I believe the highest level CFW is 3.72HX (has Sony F/W 3.72 functionality)
I'd recommend to start on 3.52-M33 which is more stable.