PDA

View Full Version : Buying a PSP, what firmware should I pick up?

Tohoya
November 22nd, 2007, 23:54
BMy PSP recently crapped out on me, I'm trying to get a new one. I have a copy of the original Lumines; I hope not to have to buy a copy of LCS. What firmware is best?

PSPdemon
November 23rd, 2007, 03:35
BMy PSP recently crapped out on me

can you tell me what it did ( or whats wrong )? it might be repairable :)

I have a copy of the original Lumines; I hope not to have to buy a copy of LCS. What firmware is best?

just depends on what you want really, and also what you want to use it for.

if you get the slim, youll need a pandora battery for it

if you get the fat core, see if it has 3.5 or lower.... if not... then use pandora to downgrade it to 1.5 :)

all i can think of ATM

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

acn010
November 23rd, 2007, 03:37
(peter)pan-dora (da explora) is the best thing to do XD

The King
November 23rd, 2007, 03:39
(peter)pan-dora (da explora) is the best thing to do XD
lol

SSaxdude
November 23rd, 2007, 15:47
BMy PSP recently crapped out on me, I'm trying to get a new one. I have a copy of the original Lumines; I hope not to have to buy a copy of LCS. What firmware is best?

If your PSP gives you a blank screen when you turn it on, it is bricked. You can fix bricks with Pandora's Battery. If your PSP is broken and not repairable, Pandora's Battery cannot fix that. When you buy a PSP, the firmware doesn't matter so much. It's difficult to tell the firmware on new PSPs. If you choose to buy a used PSP, look for the lowest firmware you can get. All firmwares are downgradeable using Pandora's Battery. However, firmwares below 3.03 do not need to use Pandora's Battery and thus you will not need to find a homebrew compatible PSP to create Pandora's Battery. If you read a tutorial on Pandora's Battery, you should understand all this better.

PSPdemon
November 23rd, 2007, 16:06
However, firmwares below 3.03 do not need to use Pandora's Battery and thus you will not need to find a homebrew compatible PSP to create Pandora's Battery.

accualy, you can downgrade a psp from 3.50 using lumines exploit ( which he has the original lumines copy )

darkness angel 777
November 23rd, 2007, 16:52
use pandora's universal unbricker you don't need to buy another psp.

Tohoya
November 24th, 2007, 02:12
My PSP isn't bricked, it just won't turn on. Power's not getting there for some reason. My power switch feels a little finicky; I think that might be the problem. It may also be the battery, as when I plug it in, I don't even get the orange "charging" light.

JPJunkie
November 25th, 2007, 19:10
It could still be bricked

eminem2o4
November 28th, 2007, 23:13
My PSP isn't bricked, it just won't turn on. Power's not getting there for some reason. My power switch feels a little finicky; I think that might be the problem. It may also be the battery, as when I plug it in, I don't even get the orange "charging" light.

If you know someone that has a custom firmware psp you could make a Pandora's battery with their psp wich coul unbrick your psp.
If you dont know anyone that has cwf psp go on2 ebay and buy a pandora's battery and put it in2 psp and it should unbrick it.
If its still not workin aftr that then its your psp hardware thats the problem