PDA

View Full Version : Best places to buy 1.5 Firmware PSP's

Greenlink42
November 23rd, 2007, 21:53
So I'm planning to buy one for Christmas, yet I want to make sure where I can buy one without getting ripped off. A list of websites with descriptions would be nice.

wraggster
November 23rd, 2007, 22:03
SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SONY_PSP_Standard_Pack_Blue_Version_1_5__ Jap_.html?aff_id=24)

Cheapest and most reliable

Greenlink42
November 23rd, 2007, 22:28
Interest increasing... Do the Japanese Region PSP's have an English language option?

Shrygue
November 23rd, 2007, 22:31
They do, yes.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 24th, 2007, 00:40
Interest increasing... Do the Japanese Region PSP's have an English language option?

on the japanese psps thought, O and X are switched, but this can be changed with custom firmware if you know how to do that kind of stuff.

eddieh4444
December 3rd, 2007, 03:43
Can these Japanese PSPs play American UMDs? If so I found my Christmas Present.

pibs
December 3rd, 2007, 03:55
yep they are region free

eddieh4444
December 3rd, 2007, 04:23
Nice, what about UMD movies?

pibs
December 3rd, 2007, 07:26
Never recall buying any since you can easily rip your dvds and put them on your psp memory card :D and watch them for free haha

but I think they are region locked, but there is custom firmware that allows you to use "fake region" and play all of them. Custom firmware also allows you to do other goodies like play GBA, N64, PS1, SNES, Genesis, etc.....

jamotto
December 3rd, 2007, 10:45
Nice, what about UMD movies?

No, UMD movies are region locked. The only way to get American movie UMD's (region 1) to run on a Japanese psp (region 2) is to have an American psp rip the moves to an ISO and copy that over to the Japanese psp.

eddieh4444
December 5th, 2007, 03:43
Never recall buying any since you can easily rip your dvds and put them on your psp memory card :D and watch them for free haha

but I think they are region locked, but there is custom firmware that allows you to use "fake region" and play all of them. Custom firmware also allows you to do other goodies like play GBA, N64, PS1, SNES, Genesis, etc.....

Lol, I know what CFW is, and you're right I've actually never bought a UMD flick but isn't actually kinda complicated copying DVDs to your PSP? I remember doing it with L.A. Confidential and it was a lot more complicated than it should have been but that was a while ago.